Patient Access Representative (9642)
Administrative | Houston, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Patient Access Representative to work with our client located in Houston, TX. In this role, you will ensure medical necessity compliance, verify eligibility, and post payments.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Obtain demographic, insurance, and financial information from patient or guarantor.
- Enter information in computer system with a high degree of accuracy.
- May schedule patient appointments and enter required information in computer system.
- Explain all required forms to patient or guarantor.
- Obtain the necessary signatures.
- Ensure medical necessity compliance by obtaining necessary data, reviewing Compliance System, communicating information to patient or guarantor, and obtaining necessary signatures.
- Collect patient liability, establishing payment arrangements, discussing payment options, and screening for eligibility.
- Complete complex financial counseling including the review and submission of charity applications.
- Identify alternative resources for financial reimbursement.
- Verify insurance eligibility and benefits.
- Ensure all notifications and authorizations are completed within the required timeframes.
- Post payments in computer system and generate appropriate patient receipts.
- Complete thorough and accurate documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of front desk experience in a hospital or medical business office setting.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proficient typing/keyboarding skills.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.