Medical Scribe (11579)
Administrative | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Medical Scribe to work with our client. In this role, you will assist with paperwork and data entry for Physicians providing care at an Influx Care Facility (ICF) designated by Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) that provides residential and medical services to Unaccompanied Children (UC). This position is responsible for recording doctors’ conversations with their patients and assisting them in completing paperwork after each visit.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Accompanies the physician upon patient interview and examination.
- Documents the physician dictated patient history, including history of present illness, review of systems, past medical and surgical history, family and social histories, medications and allergies
- Documents physical examination findings and procedures as performed by the physician.
- Documents the results of laboratory and radiographic studies as dictated by the physician.
- Documents the correct time of patient care related activities, including physician to physician communication, family communication and re-examination of the patient.
- Accompanies the physician on “chart rounds” to review patient status, delays, and any other care-related issues.
- Prepares and assembles medical record documentation/charts for physician(s).
- Prepares and sends all documentation to physician for review and approval via authentication of detailed data entry and facility-specific procedures.
- Complies with hospital and medical facility policies, including those relating to HIPAA and ORR.
- Performs other clerical duties and tasks to improve provider productivity and clinic workflow as assigned.
- Participates in scheduled meetings.
- Prepares presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborates with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree with pre-health career track preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy a plus
- Skilled in operating various medical record software and hardware, word-processing, and database software programs
- Minimum of 60 WPM preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents. The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.