Education | Houston, TX | Full Time
University of Texas System
A successful and established Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for multiple Instructional Designers to provide services for a premier medical facility in Houston, Texas. The position offers the opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience while networking within the University of Texas employment system. The assignment will begin on 3/19/2018 and run through estimated completion of assignment on 8/31/2018
Worksite: Client is accepting of a remote worker; however, they must be able to come to the office for initial discussions about the project and meetings when needed.
- Instructional Designer who have experience working with a learning management system, content management system, and /or instructional design in a virtual learning environment (online learning).
- We are looking for people that have a background in online learning, instructional design, and education.
- The work will consist of scanning the Sakai Learning Management System that MDA currently uses, with the goal of cataloging all of the courses that are not duplicates and have been used in the past few years. Once this catalog is created (in Excel), the contract workers will then identify the course owner (creator) and determine is the course will need to be moved to the new Study @ MD Anderson learning management system (which will replace Sakai). Of the course that will need to be moved to Study @ MD Anderson, the contract worker will then look at these courses and determine the educational need of recreating the course to improve its online standards.
Additional Position Information:
- Sakai has been in use at MDA since 2012 but, is being retired in August.
- The Instructional Designers will clean up the courses that are currently in the tool (about 2000), find active/inactive courses. No one has reviewed/audited it so there are a lot of duplicates.
- They will have to contact the owner of the course to see if they need it or not and flag it so it will be moved to the new platform.
- They will create a catalog of live courses and rate them for revamping
- Determine educational soundness, if it needs updated or if it is not applicable
- Must Have Experience: Canvas, Blackboard LMS
- Must Have Education: 4 yr Degree in Education, Education Tech or Instructional Design