Director of Youth Care Services (11544)
Youth Care | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Director of Youth Care Services to work with our client. In this role, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, training, and overseeing the overall operation and safety of the Youth Services Program for the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) designated Influx Care Facility (ICF) service contract. Primary responsibilities include In-Processing and Out-Processing UC into and out of the facility, directing and leading the Youth Care Services Staff, and ensuring all staff receive onboarding and continuous training to fulfill the agency's mission. The Director of Youth Care Services reports to the Vice President- Site Operations
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Implement and adhere to ORR policies and program procedures related to Youth Care Services and campus safety.
- Advise and lead employees on various Trauma Informed Care, Handle with Care, and Trust Based Relational Interventions to ensure supervised staff establish healthy relationships with UC.
- Ensure dorm and bed assignments are accurate and maintained using approved monitoring and documentation systems.
- Review existing policies and procedures and recommend changes to continue to enhance agency ability to provide best in class services to UC and ORR contract.
- Adhere to all rules and regulations; perform positive performance measures to ensure all staff adhere to rules to prevent inappropriate relationships occurring.
- Work with HR to set up a new employee on-boarding process for Youth Care Service Workers, Supervisors, Lead, and Managers.
- Conduct reviews of SLAs against actual outcomes to ensure contractors are meeting and exceeding the standards for providing best in class services.
- Enforce preventative measures
- Identify process bottlenecks and offer timely solutions
- Conduct routine inspections on dorms and interactions with UC and staff to ensure they feel safe and secure at the facility.
- Provide notification and documentation to senior leadership for violations of policies and procedures, accidents, injuries, and emergencies.
- Oversee the Intake process to ensure a proper flow to get all UC processed into the facility and to their dorms within 2 hours from arrival.
- Attend staff meetings on a routine basis to conduct ongoing training and share best practices
- Conduct staff meetings and attend circle groups to ensure ORR policies are being followed and staff are engaging appropriately with UC.
- Ensure staff are trained in medical emergency response and hazardous waste cleanup and disposal
- Ensure YCW staffing assignments are met to meet ORR policies of ratios and training levels.
- Interpret safety rules, regulations, and standards
- Ensure all employees participate in required safety training and education at appropriate intervals
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Youth Services Program
- Administer a positive performance award system and reward system for staff and UC in care
- Complete required agency training
- Intervene to stop any acts or processes which are unsafe or do not comply with ORR and standard safety guidelines
- Will ensure on ratio staff are provided restroom breaks, meal breaks, and routine breaks to prevent a breakdown in ratios and standards.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as required to meet ORR and agency objectives and standards.
- Serves as a member of the Emergency Response Team (ERT), 24/7/365
- May be required to workdays, evenings, and weekends as part of the overall safety preventative operations program
- Participates in scheduled meetings
- Collaborates with other staff members, service providers and professionals
- Participates as a member of the safety committee
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's Degree in Youth Develop, Youth Counseling, or similar field, preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Youth Develop, Youth Counseling, or similar field.
- 5 years of experience as a Youth Services Director or Manager or similar role at a large facility
- Excellent knowledge of youth programs relating to trauma-based care practices and principles
- Excellent knowledge of redirecting youth and providing a healthy level of care to youth in care.
- 3 years of experience monitoring, engaging, and inspiring youth in a large facility, preferred.
- Experience in writing policies and procedures for Youth Services programs
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally in English
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe, and various computer-based programs and software
- Working knowledge of state and federal guidelines surrounding youth in care and treatment facilities
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Works well as a team member and independently
- Skilled in time management
- Proficient interpersonal and communication skills
Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents. The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Must pass an extensive federal background check, including fingerprinting
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screenings throughout employment
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request
- Must not have any violations of Domestic Violence or Abuse or any violations against children. This includes any cases that are currently open, were adjudicated, or a conviction was received
- Must attend work according to routine schedules and during emergencies and disasters
- Must maintain current contact information at all times during employment
- Must have reliable transportation to attend work according to work or shift schedule
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.