Chief Psychiatrist (11486)
Psychiatry | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Chief Psychiatrist to work with our client. In this role, you will be responsible for providing clinical oversight of the Psychiatric Services within an Influx Care Facility (ICF) designated by Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) that provides residential and medical services to Unaccompanied Children (UC). Provides executive and strategic leadership for Psychiatric Services, including active involvement on its steering committee to monitor fiscal and clinical performance. Supervises psychiatrists and other medical providers; provides direct psychiatric treatment; and performs other work as required.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Collaborates with senior leadership for design, development, implementation, and assessment psychiatric care models for the ICF.
- Leads a team of psychiatry providers to assure that the ORR mission is accomplished with optimal productivity and patient care.
- Supervises prescriptive authority of psychiatric advanced practice providers. Ensures appropriate clinical coverage, assignments, and schedules. Completes provider performance appraisals, advocates concerns, and assures providers are providing excellent clinical outcomes.
- Works with clinical leadership to plan, implement, and evaluate clinical services ensuring efficient, effective, and continuous improvement in operations.
- Generates treatment protocols to govern the delivery of clinical care that are consistent with community and ORR standards of care.
- Directs and evaluates the medical aspects of mental health programs. Evaluates medical policies, programs and procedures and develops improvements.
- Provides input as needed in recruitment and selection of psychiatric staff as well as clinical oversight of any related medical/clinical contracts for services
- Participates with the management team in budget and planning decisions, with special emphasis on clinical impacts.
- Ensures that federal, state and local standards and regulations are effectively implemented in psychiatric care through documentation and quality assurance.
- Educates and acts as a liaison with non-psychiatric healthcare providers on topics and issues related to mental health.
- Participates in scheduled meetings.
- Prepares presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborates with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) from an accredited medical school required.
- 5+ years of experience practicing medicine as a Board-Certified Psychiatrist
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
- Current unrestricted M.D. or D.O. license required
- Board Certified in Psychiatry
- Current state DEA license required
- Required to respond to any medical emergency, fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging patients exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing. (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must be able to lift, push, and carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documentation.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.