Certified Medical Assistant / CMA (9316)
Medical Assistants | San Antonio, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Certified Medical Assistant / CMA to work with our client located in San Antonio, TX. In this role, you will perform a wide variety of medical and clinical support functions.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Intake patients by obtaining vital signs, weight, etc.
- Obtain history, chief complaint, medications, allergies, EKG, etc. and document appropriately in the Electronic medical record.
- Report all pertinent findings to Physicians.
- Manage patient appointments according to doctor schedules and protocols.
- Triage calls, medications/refills.
- Facilitate patient needs.
- Document all communication into the EMR system.
- Handle all medication refills or request via clinic policy.
- Prepare charts as necessary.
- Provide physician with all necessary test results, lab results, and medical records.
- Communicate patient information to physician in a timely manner.
- Handle and answer phone calls.
- Assist in department call center, transferring calls to the appropriate departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate from a Medical Assistant program.
- 3+ years of direct related experience as a Medical Assistant.
- Current CPR, TB and HEP B immunization/Titer.
- Preferred: Certified Medical Assistant / CMA certification.
- Preferred: Experience in clinical trials.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.