Associate Vice President, Social Programs (11591)
Social Services | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking an Associate Vice President, Social Programs to work with our client. In this role, you will report directly to the Vice President of Social Services and will be responsible for assisting in the oversight of Religious, Legal, Education, and Youth Care Services for a social services program caring for 2,000 resident children until they can be placed with an appropriate sponsor. This individual must operate with a high degree of independence, ingenuity, and analytical skill to resolve site challenges. The successful candidate must possess proven relational and administrative skills, and a commitment to providing high-quality services to children in need.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Assists the Vice President of Social Services in the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs, policies, and procedures related to Religious, Legal, Education, and Youth Care Services.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable State child welfare laws and regulations, and all state and local health and safety codes.
- Oversees daily operations while ensuring staff members remain compliant with all policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Ensures all internal and external security measures are enforced ensuring the physical and mental well-being of resident children to include supervision of all assigned staff/contractors.
- In partnership with the InGenesis Shared Services staff, sets the strategic and action plans for the campus involving residential services.
- Designs, develops, and directs the overall social and educational delivery processes ensuring they are compassionate, analytical, and outcomes oriented.
- Ensures the campus delivers mission essential social, educational, recreational, and legal services to resident children.
- Provides regular reports to the Vice President of Social Services on program activities, outcomes, and budgetary needs.
- Ensures all social services staff are trained on ORR policies, procedures, cultural competency, and child welfare best practices.
- Ensures the ongoing analysis of systems and processes to identify opportunities for improvement in service delivery to residents. Leads process improvement initiatives.
- Manages the budget for areas of direct responsibility.
- Works collaboratively with all departments and key stakeholders across the campus.
- Ensures rigorous, data driven resident individual service plans are developed to support educational and social service delivery initiatives.
- Remains current concerning industry-wide, best practices and collaboration and consistently employs and encourages best practices in social and educational service delivery.
- Provides proper safeguards and conducts regularly scheduled physical inspections for the health, safety, and welfare of the residents and staff.
- Regularly inspects the physical property of residential service locations and ensures that these facilities are properly maintained.
- Leads tours of the campus in combination with the Federal representatives for all internal and external guests to include government officials, community partners and all other visitors ensuring adherence to client policy.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed to ensure the effective and successful operation.
- Bachelor's degree in social work, education, behavioral sciences, or related field supplemented by courses in business administration.
- Minimum of five years of progressive work experience in an educational setting, healthcare facility, residential youth facility or an equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Evident leadership experience with managing/overseeing an experienced team of professionals.
- Strong administrative skills, including budget development and management, program planning and evaluation, and staff supervision.
- Proven ability to build and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders, including staff, volunteers, community partners, and government officials.
- Knowledge of State child welfare laws and regulations, and all state and local health and safety codes.
- Master’s degree in social work, education, behavioral sciences, or related field
- Spanish speaking skills
Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents. The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.