Administrative Assistant (9650)
Administrative | The Bronx, NY | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to work with our client located in The Bronx, NY. In this role, you will perform various administrative tasks at a local hospital.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Communicate via telephone and email with various hospital departments and staff.
- Schedule appointments.
- Produce and distribute correspondence, schedules, memos, and notices.
- Maintain various spreadsheets.
- Welcome medical students to pediatrics rotation.
- Receive and triage student, intern, and resident administrative questions/issues.
- Maintain files and records.
- Distribute checks and mail (pick up and drop off).
- Calculate and distribute payroll.
- Order office supplies, equipment, and furniture.
- Maintain office supplies and repairs.
- Prepare and distribute department and conference minutes.
- Pay and distribute billing.
- Schedule, coordinate, and prepare meetings and conferences.
- Order and distribute ordered supplies for department and clinical sites.
- Operate copy machine.
- Collect and forward site billing,
- Screen calls.
- Track overnight mail via Internet.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred: Previous experience as an administrative assistant.
- Typing skills of 55 words per minute.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work tasks.
- Effective communication skills.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.