Information Security Analyst
IT & IS | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Information Security Analyst 1893
Develops and executes security controls, defenses and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal or external attacks or attempts to infiltrate company email, data, e-commerce and web-based systems. Researches attempted or successful efforts to compromise systems security and designs countermeasures. Maintains hardware, software and network firewalls and encryption protocols. Administers security policies to control physical and virtual access to systems. Provides information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information and systems.
- Work with Internal Audit to track security owned issues and work with the security issue owners to define Management action plans (MAP)
- Identify and track security issues throughout the organization that are not in compliance against our policies and standards and work with the business to mitigate them
- Create operational and executive metrics for reporting and tracking security issues, and prepare business reports for different audiences throughout the organization including senior executives.
- Monitor the implementation of mitigating projects for timely remediation
- Work with the Security Governance team to provide inputs to security policies and standards based on analysis from security issues
- Work with stakeholders to report and update on Customer Audit Findings
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information assurance, MIS or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Information Security or a security related engineering role in a technical environment.
- 3+ years of experience driving security issue management function
- Highly proficient in a risk management framework such as ISO 27001, NIST 800 series and experience in conducting security risk assessments.
- Strong technical skills but equally comfortable interacting with senior business leaders.
- Knowledge of public cloud platforms and related security topics.
- Experience in implementing security controls as per the CIS or similar framework.
- CRISC, CISSP, SANS GSEC or equivalent certifications
- Experience in either Software as a Service or Consumer Web Organizations a plus.
$65 per hour Remote (PT based candidates preferred) 2 Month Assignment