Digital Analytics Specialist 554534
Digital Advertising | New York, NY | Contract and Temp to Perm
Digital Analytics Specialist
Our company is seeking a Digital Analytics Specialist to assist the team in providing analytical support for their digital products. The primary responsibility of the candidate will be to manage the end-to-end analytics workflow: the collection of data, the reporting of performance, the identification of insights & opportunities, and the integration of data in our products & marketing. They will be harnessing information and identifying trends and opportunities via a variety of tools including (but not limited to) Google Analytics, Omniture, .CSV exports, and various platform developer portals.
- Serve as a point-person for stakeholders as the primary source of information relating to digital analytics and related technologies.
- Work with stakeholders to understand business objectives, define key performance indicators based on those objectives, and provide relevant data, including analysis and insights.
- Regularly assemble data from various disparate sources (from multiple analytics suites, developer portals, etc) into consolidated reports/dashboards using SQL scripts and Tableau. Develop methodologies for aggregating results from various programs and campaigns.
- Design & deliver regular scheduled and ad hoc reports on the performance of both Channels in a clear format for a variety of audiences to help stakeholders determine what is working well and what areas need improvement. Ensure reports are timely and user-friendly, and inclusive of key insights and actionable recommendations to optimize performance
- Effectively communicate and ‘translate’ quantitative findings (storytelling with data), make and defend meaningful conclusions and recommendations to inform product and editorial decisions, identify and interpret trends and relationships to product and business stakeholders.
- Build, improve, and maintain reports, dashboards, and tracking metrics to monitor the performance of our products and content.
- Campaign Planning and Analysis – work with media teams, agencies, cross functional stakeholders to set campaign objectives and ensure tagging and tools are in place for proper measurement. Conduct real-time campaign analysis when required and deliver post campaign wrap report.
- Ensure reporting is consistent, accurate and actionable.
- Develop/document (collaborating with team) data solutions design for tracking needs across all digital platforms, new features or platform launches
- QA of all analytics work with engineering, leveraging standard methods and processes to validate accurate data capture.
- Troubleshoot issues related to data and analytics, including managing reporting requests
- Identify gaps in the overall data capture strategy and collaboratively implement enhancements
- 3-5 years experience including using Adobe Analytics (implementation and reporting) and Google Analytics and other analytics tools (e.g., Nielsen, comScore, various social analytics tools such as Facebook Insights, Chartbeat) to mine data, create reports and provide insights
- 3-5 years experience in digital media, preferably with television and/or video streaming providers
- Experience with mobile and connected tv apps and platforms
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, vlookup, etc.), SQL, and Tableau. Familiarity working with databases.
- Highly proficient in creating dashboards and custom reports with knowledge of visual techniques for data analysis and presentation
- Understanding of & experience in developing tagging structures for web analytics tools similar to Adobe Analytics/Omniture
- Familiarity with viewing reporting calls using proxy tools like Charles Proxy or Firebug, performing QA of analytics implementations
- Excited by deriving data-driven customer insights
- Ability to think creatively and tell meaningful, actionable stories with data
- Solid communication skills, both written and oral - capable of summarizing complex results into digestible recommendations for further analysis or feature requirements
- Must be detail-oriented and focused on data accuracy
- Strong analytical ability, critical thinking and proactive problem solving skills
- Independent self-starter who embraces a team-oriented and collaborative approach with a desire to learn new methods and tools
$47-$50 Per Hour New York 10019 3 Month Assignment (possible temp-perm)