Corporate Paralegal ^ *
Legal | Santa Clara, CA | Contract
Corporate Paralegal ^ *
The company's Legal team is looking to add a Corporate Paralegal to its dynamic and team-oriented legal team. This is a cross-functional position in a lean organization that prides itself in being team-oriented. As one of two Corporate Paralegals, you will be responsible for managing a wide variety of corporate matters from entity management, corporate governance to financial reporting, supporting acquisitions, financings and other corporate transactions globally. You are extremely organized, tech-savvy and proactive, with a desire to learn and grow. You are customer-focused, collaborative and have experience working directly with outside counsel and senior management.
What You’ll Do
- Draft and prepare minutes, consents, powers of attorney, officer certificates and other basic corporate and commercial documents.
- Manage and maintain records of corporate subsidiaries, board minutes, director and officer information, governance policies and compliance processes.
- Assist with periodic financial and other reporting obligations, such as prepare compliance certificates and conduct related parties’ diligence.
- Advise internal stakeholders on corporate governance and compliance issues, provide corporate information upon request.
- Support the Company's subsidiary entity structure, including legal entity formation, dissolution, and global restructuring projects.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (e.g., Finance, Tax, Treasury) to ensure efficient workflow and handling of requests.
- Assist where needed with other Corporate Legal matters.
- 4+ years of corporate paralegal experience ideally at both a major law firm and a sophisticated in-house legal department focusing on corporate work.
- General corporate experience, including experience with entity maintenance, understanding of corporate governance best practices and, preferably, financial reporting and SEC filings.
- Demonstrated record of success with subsidiary management and other corporate matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program.
- California notary certification is a plus.
- Working knowledge of corporate entity database processes, i.e., Blueprint/Diligent or GEMS.
- Familiarity with invoice approvals processes.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership over projects, proactively identifying and resolving issues with minimum supervision.
- Ability to follow instructions with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to research, synthesize and effectively communicate complex information.
- Aptitude for digesting new information, learning and growing into new areas.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Being a team player who manages well under pressure and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Displaying a positive, high-energy attitude with cross-functional clients and team members.
- Initiative to address problems and make continuous process improvements.
Santa Clara, CA Contract to hire opportunity