Trust & Safety Associate
Compliance | Omaha, NE | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Trust & Safety Associate 9209
A leading tech company is looking for a Trust & Safety Associate. The successful candidate will research and resolve all issues related to Terms of Service violations including DMCA, trademark, privacy and legal compliance issues, and false profile claims. The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal, communication, and follow-up skills with the ability to explain Internet functionality to customers via telephone and email. The company offers a great work environment!
Trust & Safety Associate Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $25-$35/hr
- Worksite: Leading professional networking and development company (Omaha, NE 68114)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Trust & Safety Associate Responsibilities:
- Research and resolve all issues related to Terms of Service violations including DMCA, trademark, privacy and legal compliance issues, and false profile claims.
- Coordinate with the legal department on time-sensitive investigations.
- Effectively identify problems/issues by performing relevant research using the appropriate tools.
- Provide feedback to management regarding necessary changes and updates (including policies, upgrades, and customer care issues).
- Analyze fraud reports, identify trends that need to be addressed, and communicate findings to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Assist in day-to-day risk-related job functions including product payment delinquencies, risk reporting, and other duties as needed.
- Answer phone calls and inquiries from Customer Service and other areas within the business.
- Travel required (approximately 10% of the time).
Trust & Safety Associate Qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience in compliance, privacy, risk management, transaction fraud, fraud operations, chargeback processing, or legal support.
- BA/BS degree in a related field.
- Experience in online privacy-related projects, program management, and customer communication (email, phone, and chat).
- Expert knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Knowledge of the card industry (VISA/MasterCard regulations, privacy issues, and industry risk trends).
- Knowledge of social media and internal systems/software (Intranet, web-based applications).
- Ability to identify, analyze and report risk trends to improve customer experience and make discretionary decisions based on appropriate research.
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment