Accounting | New York, NY | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
A leading digital streaming network is looking for a Staff Accountant to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, and performing other accounting duties as assigned for the company.
Staff Accountant Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $35/hr
- Worksite: Leading digital broadcasting and media company (Remote, New York, NY)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses journal entries by compiling and analyzing information.
- Month-end entries, accruals, write-downs, re-classes, etc.
- Review and upload entries related to areas such as 48 Hours, Primetime, 60 Minutes etc.
- Purchasing Card re-classes.
- Month End Reconciliations – assist with preparing Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Serve as a business partner across Controllership and FP& A teams.
Staff Accountant Qualifications:
- 2+ years of professional accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, standards, and practices.
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year-end close process.
- Solid organization and analytical skills. Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines.
- Accuracy and high attention to detail. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment