Sr. Tableau Developer
Data Analytics | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr. Tableau Developer 965769
A leading medical institution is seeking a qualified Sr. Tableau Developer to support the Enterprise Information Analytics team. The company offers a great work environment!
Sr. Tableau Developer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $60
- Worksite: Leading medical institution (Remote)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision 401k, PSL
Sr. Tableau Developer Responsibilities:
- Configure and utilize Tableau’s Business Intelligence (BI) solution set to meet BI objectives
- Take technical ownership of the implementation of Tableau BI solution set, overseeing:
- Daily support
- Security and access control
- Upgrades and patching (including impact to individual dashboards)
- Creation and maintenance of key processes by collaborating with other developers
- End-user and technical training
- Usage and resource monitoring
- Assist in training staff on the use and capabilities available within the solution set
- Partner with business stakeholders and / or functional business analysts and / or Project Manager / solutions specialist to design and develop efficient and standards-based BI solutions using Tableau’s BI products that satisfy business information reporting needs
- Serve as a technical leader and advisor to IT and departmental BI developers on the Tableau BI product set
- Lead the development of BI solution prototypes that demonstrate performance and usability to business and IT stakeholders
- Oversee of the design and implementation of Tableau BI solutions including data acquisition process design, use of BI technology features and functions, business rules processing, and data aggregation and summarization techniques
- Lead the tuning and performance improvement of Tableau BI solutions
- Participates in data governance process as defined by department / organization
- Ensure the Tableau infrastructure conforms to security standards and that appropriate access controls are in place.
- Manages and maintains the Tableau Server and Desktop Developer Infrastructure and ensure that it is up-to-date and has high availability and performance
- Collaborate with data modelers and data integration architects / developers to establish end-to-end data and information delivery architecture
- Analyze, Design, Develop and implement ETL workflows using tools such as SQL, DataStage, SSIS, etc.,
- Serve as an escalation to resolve complex technical issues in collaboration with staff and provide updates to leadership and business partners
- Champion and educate business and IT staff on the use of the BI technologies for strategic and tactical decision making with use of data to support recommendations / decisions
- Lead and participate in dissemination of best practice and process, including outcomes at various internal / external venues
- Research and stay abreast of the latest trends in BI technologies and work with vendors to carry out product evaluations and proof-of-concepts
Sr. Tableau Developer Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing, testing and implementing secure, scalable and high-performance BI and analytic solutions; at least 3 years of experience as a Tableau Developer and 2 years of experience as Tableau Architect
- Experience with dimensional data modeling and relational databases
- Proficient in SQL
- Ability to communicate with high proficiency, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and staff, in both technical language and business terms.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, influencing, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Proficient in developing technical specifications, presentations, training materials, user documentation, and technical documentation.
- Demonstrated success with overseeing software development lifecycle for enterprise-wide BI projects and ability to assess and solve complex technical problems
- Experience in developing technical staff
- BI and analytics in Healthcare
- Implementation of BI security experience
- Highly advanced skills associated with software specification, design, modification, implementation and deployment of large-scale scope.
- Excellent project leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand functional needs and how systems can support those needs. Demonstrated ability to develop conversion and system implementation plans.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated complex problem- solving skills.
- Proficient in Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Experience in the analysis, design, development and implementation of ETL workflows using tools such as SQL, Datastage, SSIS, etc.,
- BI and analytics in Education and Research
- Experience with BI and analytic tools such as Qlik and R
- Experience creating and maintaining data visualizations standards
- Experience with predictive / prescriptive analytics and precision medicine
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Master’s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training is preferred
- 40 hours/week, 2 Month Assignment