Sr. Global Sourcing Manager
Procurement | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr. Global Sourcing Manager 2497
A leading enterprise software solutions company is seeking a Sr. Global Sourcing Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible to develop and manage global category strategies and understand the business/company requirements to maximize value and partner with business stakeholders. The ideal candidate should have deep sourcing and vendor management experience within the category space, be able to operate at all levels of the organization and move seamlessly from tactical to strategic. The company offers a great work environment.
Sr. Global Sourcing Manager Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $75/hr
- Worksite: Leading enterprise software solutions company (Pleasanton, CA 94588)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
- 40 hours/week, 2 Month Assignment
Sr. Global Sourcing Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead the business negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers. Manage contract to completion.
- Develop negotiation approach, fallback positions, acceptable terms and conditions through to closure. Identify and manage all violations and exceptions to existing supplier contracts.
- Own and lead the supplier interface for all RFI, RFP, and RFQ services. Partner with appropriate internal stakeholders. Manage the end-to-end process from creation to selection to contract implementation.
- Measure, manage and improve supplier actual performance against negotiated SLA’s and quality metrics.
- Identify key benchmark suppliers in RFx efforts. Measure, report, and action cost productivity as a function of market pricing.
- Own and provide industry and actual unit and service cost data which feeds into TCO and RFx evaluations.
- Be accountable to coordinate suppliers and the company's internal customers, and review supplier and business roadmaps.
- Identify, qualify and formalize which suppliers should be aligned with preferred supplier status based on segmentation modeling.
- Lead ongoing supplier audits, identifying areas of improvement and the plan to address.
- Develop and own the category sourcing plan. Ensure all internal business requirements are met.
- Become a trusted advisor and partner to the company’s business.
- Lead/support the maturation and continuous improvement of Sourcing at the company.
- Support efforts to identify the latest trends in technologies and industry offerings.
Sr. Global Sourcing Manager Qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience in Procurement / Supply Chain / Sourcing role.
- Demonstrated advanced sourcing experience leading RFx’s, conducting supplier management, and managing a sourcing category.
- Preferably experience in Infrastructure Hardware (servers, storage) and Software.
- Executing advanced Sourcing and Category Management concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstration of critical thinking, by translating, analyzing, and creating solutions from advanced financial modeling and data analytics.
- Advanced understanding of contracts and contract management.
- Expert at developing and executing negotiation strategies.
- Advanced at managing Sourcing programs and market research.
- Possess a positive attitude, excellent communication, and analytical skills.
- Proactive, result-oriented, with a can-do attitude in meeting critical deadlines.