Sr. Business Development Manager - Canada
Marketing | Hybrid in Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr. Business Development Manager - Canada 1137456
A leading podcast and audiobook company is seeking a Sr. Business Development Manager - Canada. The successful candidate will develop traditional & content-led co-branded marketing, promotional, and business development partnerships that will serve our strategic growth initiatives for Canada. The ideal candidate lives and breathes the development and execution of strategic marketing initiatives, specifically traditional as well as innovative, out-of-the-box consumer content marketing experiences across embedded devices, web, and iOS and Android apps. You. The company offers a great work environment!
Sr. Business Development Manager - Canada Pay and Benefits:
- Worksite: Leading podcast and audiobook company (Newark, NJ 07102, Open to Remote)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k
- 40 hours/week, 9 Month Assignment
Sr. Business Development Manager - Canada Responsibilities:
- Research, define and manage the business development roadmap & strategy for Canada, setting expectations with all relevant stakeholders.
- Drive traditional business development & content marketing partnership strategy from conceptualization through launch, collaborating in deal negotiations, creating actionable plans, work streams, and tactics, and executing on those in support of co-branded marketing plans while setting and managing the right expectations with all relevant stakeholders.
- Establish and continuously update the vision and roadmap for Canada partnerships and content experiences across a diverse set of integrations, including considerations of US and global efforts in this regard.
- Collaborate with Content, Marketing, Brand, Social, Paid Media, PR, Product, Finance, Legal, Customer Service, and external partners to determine relevant offers and go-to-market plans.
- Assess new business and content campaign partnership opportunities, balancing objectives and customer obsession with the goals of the partner to find win-win solutions.
- Ensure business and editorial stakeholder needs are aligned by driving mindful discussions that lead to crisp decisions.
- Write concept vision briefs and proposals that clearly outline the strategy, opportunity, and concept for the partnership.
- Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria and participate in performance reporting.
- Define metrics for success and failure; ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to back up assumptions and make decisions.
Sr. Business Development Manager - Canada Qualifications:
- 6-8+ years of experience in a combination of Business Development, Integrated Marketing, and Brand Partnerships marketing initiatives.
- Experience launching new business development, content marketing, sponsorship, and distribution partnerships resulting in the material audience and revenue growth.
- Experience managing content + commerce integrations with partners and external stakeholders.
- Experience in delivery and implementation of marketing campaign roadmaps.
- Experience building deep partnerships with business teams for long-term roadmaps and planning.
- Experience presenting and effectively communicating strategy to internal C-suite level and external partnership teams.
- Content partnership plus integrated marketing experience within entertainment, content streaming environments, or marketing/ad agency is preferred.
- Canadian experience/networks are preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to align and lead the company’s strategic initiatives and navigate seamlessly across key stakeholder teams (Business Development, Marketing, Content, Operations, Product).
- Strategic thinking and prioritization skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Effective communicator & listener.
- Conditioned for long development and negotiation process (vs quick wins) with creativity and stamina to see deals/partnerships through.
- Exceptional writing skills. The company has a strong writing culture: PowerPoint use is rare.
- Team player: Strong, demonstrated ability to rally and bring varying functional teams together, and break through stalled decision-making.
- High emotional intelligence: Ability to earn trust through your keen understanding of collective goals across the organization, anticipate friction/blockers, and provide solutions upfront to eliminate churn.
- Familiarity with content rights management processes.
- Sound business and strategy judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.