Software ENG & DEV | San Mateo, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Software Engineer 1060
The Prism Analytics Team is looking for someone to break our software. It is your job to design and implement creative and methodological software to figure out what’s wrong with our product and come up with ideas and suggestions to make it robust. You will help streamline the direction of a quality engineering team in our startup culture, where our team walks the walk regarding the importance of quality. We need you to apply your keen mind to the questions, “Will the code run?”, “Can it scale?”, and, most importantly, “Will our customers love and use this?” To get to this point, we need your judgment and customer mindset to prioritize what needs testing and how we’ll test it. You love testing highly dynamic software and pushing it to the max and beyond for strength and resilience. You are happily challenged when faced with solving complex problems. You love digging deep into the product to find its breaking points.
You also understand the tradeoffs between time, resource and scope and can communicate efficiently and clearly to multiple stakeholders such as product management, engineering counterparts, field services, and customers. You will raise the bar for quality amongst the teams that you work with.
- Develop expertise in our product solutions, and use that expertise and your experience to help design and qualify the solution as a whole.
- Clearly understand the components that compose the product solution.
- Create test plans and automated test cases for assigned components.
- Execute and automate test cases and perform bug tracking and management.
- Contribute to building a flexible and scalable automation solution.
- Work closely with the design team to help create an amazing user experience.
- Help create and implement quality processes and requirements.
- Work closely with the team to replicate customer environments.
- Own the release decision. Weigh the business needs against quality, listen to the opinions of others, work to gain consensus, and be willing to hold the release... even when it’s not the popular decision.
- Identify and communicate risks about our releases.
- Look beyond your specific area of responsibility and ensure our products deliver value to our customers.
- Be able to own and make quality decisions for the solution.
- Be a customer advocate.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years industry experience
- A track record showing that you are a highly motivated individual, capable of coming up with creative, innovative and working solutions in a collaborative environment
- Eager to learn from peers
- Experience testing relational databases, data warehousing, data processing or other types of data platforms.
- Proficient in one or more programming language such as Python, Java, C# or C++.
- Experience testing distributed systems
- Experience testing enterprise applications
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies
$95-$100 per Hour San Mateo, CA 94402 6 Month Assignment