Site Reliability Engineer (H)
Software ENG & DEV | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Site Reliability Engineer 8957 (H)
A leading tech company in the professional networking industry is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to fill the mission-critical role of ensuring that complex, web-scale systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You will use your background as an operations generalist to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. The ideal candidate will be passionate about an operations role that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product, and will also believe that automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems.
Site Reliability Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $90-$100
- Worksite: Leading tech company in the professional networking industry (Sunnyvale, CA 94085)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Site Reliability Engineer Responsibilities:
- Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of one or more of our Internet-facing services
- Gain deep knowledge of our complex applications.
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with "operability" in mind.
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Participate in a 24x7 rotation for second-tier escalations.
Site Reliability Engineer Qualifications:
- 5+ years in a UNIX-based large-scale web operations role
- 2+ years experience with troubleshooting in Unix/Linux
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or other technical disciplines, or related practical experience.
- UNIX/Linux systems administration background.
- Programming skills (Python, Perl, Ruby, Java/Scala, or C)
- Experience with web-based Java/J2EE architectures and JVM configuration.
- Python experience, specifically for systems automation.
- Strong Python coding skills and Linux system experience
- Hadoop and large scale system experiences are plus.
- Previous experience working with geographically-distributed coworkers.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- Knowledge of most of these: data structures, relational and non-relational databases, networking, Linux internals, filesystems, web architecture, and related topics
- 40 hours/week, 9 Month Assignment