Senior Social Media Producer
Social Media | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Senior Social Media Producer 851177
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Social Media, the Senior Social Media Producer is constantly attuned to the news cycle, leading promotional efforts for coverage as well as steering original content made specifically for platforms by the social team.
- Your biggest responsibility will be creative using our social handles to expand the awareness of our day-to-day coverage, product reviews, how-to, advice and video content.
- As the Senior Social Media Producer, you’re also in the unique position of sculpting the voice and tone used by our social producers, offering feedback, and helping improve their work and ideas.
- That goes hand-in-hand with offering feedback to the social, editorial, and video teams on ways that they can build off of successes, along with constructive criticism.
- You will also be responsible for creating or assigning the creation of visual or video assets for use on social platforms.
- You’ll also have to react to breaking news situations, sculpting language for swift tweets, coordinating with the editorial team for ongoing coverage.
- When the news cycle isn’t firing on all cylinders, you’ll be comfortable using tools like Chartbeat, CrowdTangle, Omniture, and more to identify coverage opportunities, new ways to engage with audiences, and learn from the competition.
- This person will be responsible for leading social coverage from Monday through Friday, though some weekend work and evening hours will be required as news breaks and embargoes drop.
- Contributing to and executing strategies for its most prominent social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flipboard.
- Developing growth opportunities with IG TV, vertical storytelling, Pinterest, and any other platforms that our company doesn’t already have a longstanding foundation.
- Creating new ways to bring more attention to our company suite of in-house experts and reporters across all social platforms, and instructing them on ways to deepen their relationships with readers and relevant communities.
- 3-4 years of journalism, publishing experience.
- Experience using tools like Chartbeat and CrowdTangle to evaluate performance and opportunities for improvement.
- Experience editing others’ copy, video production, and providing constructive feedback.
- Experience growing and engaging with an online community.
- Ability to move quickly and make snap judgments about newsworthiness, coverage of sensitive topics.
- A passion and understanding of the technology industry, popular culture, and the ties that bind them.
- A passion for developing platforms and presences that serve our readers first and foremost, helping those in need of expert buying advice or information about the way tech is impacting their daily lives.
- Experience editing social video.
- Experience managing publisher YouTube presence.
- Experience with Indesign, Photoshop, or other design tools.
- Experience with Omniture or Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of SEO fundamentals.
- Experience with reporting tools like PACER and Dataminr.
$40-$45 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94105 6 Month Assignment