Regulatory Compliance Engineer
Engineering | Calabasas, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Regulatory Compliance Engineer 955371
The Regulatory Compliance Engineer will perform activities necessary to ensure a leading eletronics test and measurement company's products are designed and verified to comply with all relevant Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Environmental and Safety regulatory laws and requirements.
Regulatory Compliance Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $55
- Worksite: Leading eletronics test and measurement company (Calabasas, CA 91302)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision 401k, PSL
Regulatory Compliance Engineer Responsibilities:
- Monitor, interpret, understand and communicate product environmental, safety and international regulations to Ixia internal stakeholders.
- Provide guidance to design teams on how to comply with specific regulations.
- Organize compliance program by planning work, preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources including test laboratories and equipment.
- Interact with outside test laboratories and regulatory agencies as required to obtain testing services, product approvals and interpretations of regulatory requirements.
- Prevent compliance issues by collaborating with design teams; reviewing design data; identifying and resolving product and engineering design issues; researching and identifying applicable regulatory and industry compliance standards; developing compliance policies.
- Develop compliance plans by researching, analyzing, selecting, and applying compliance engineering concepts, approaches, techniques, and criteria.
- Determine compliance by establishing compliance test standards; conducting and witnessing tests; performing diagnostic procedures; analyzing and evaluating findings; performing forensic analysis of failures; troubleshooting failures; supervising sub-contractors.
- Attain compliance by isolating and resolving non-compliance issues; recommending product and process changes; initiating engineering change orders.
- Document compliance by completing approval applications; recording test results; preparing and filing Declarations of Conformity; maintaining compliance database.
- Stay current with applicable standards, skills and trends in regulatory compliance
Regulatory Compliance Engineer Qualifications:
- In depth knowledge of regulatory compliance process pertaining to electrical and telecom equipment including Emissions, Safety, WEEE, RoHS, and specific country requirements.
- Strong understanding of engineering design practices and ability to communicate effectively with engineering teams.
- Understanding of product development lifecycles, design change, and document change control
- Ability to recognize opportunities to improve product safety and regulatory compliance and propose practical solutions.
- Ability to read schematics and specifications and to perform design reviews.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills with emphasis on the ability to create high quality technical reports, test reports, specifications, and procedures.
- Strong Planning and Project Management skills.
- 5 yrs of product regulatory compliance experience.
- B.S. degree in Engineering with >10 years of industry experience
- 40 hours/week, 24 Month Assignment