Regulatory and Quality Analyst (H)
Data Analytics | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Regulatory and Quality Analyst 896125 (H)
Involves analysis of complex regulatory reporting using data to provide insight to decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Develops forecasts, recommendations, and strategic / tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge. Works with business and / or clinical units to understand and prioritize data and information requirements. Creates specifications for the development of reporting and EHR tools based on business standards and required data elements. Optimizes the performance of enterprise business intelligence tools by defining data to filter and index that add value to the user.
Reporting to the Regulatory and Quality Reporting Manager. The analyst’s primary responsibilities include: data collection, metric validation, performance and health outcome measurement, benchmarking, stratification, and visual presentation of analytic results. Collaborate with key clinical, business and IT partners to identify analyses and reports needed to inform executive leadership’s strategic regulatory decisions and initiatives for the organization.
Collaborate with clinical and IT leadership in the organization for performance improvement initiatives spanning the following domains: Primary Care, Specialty Care, Inpatient Care Transitions, and Resource Utilization Efficiency. The Analyst demonstrates knowledge of evidence based clinical processes of care related to: timely preventive services for adults and children, chronic disease management, and reduction of preventable inpatient and ED visits. The Analyst will play a key role in ensuring that accurate and actionable data is reported to both internal and external stakeholders. Through analysis and collaboration with analytic and clinical teams, the Analyst will help to demonstrate our ability to improve population health clinical outcomes and healthcare utilization with regulatory submissions across multiple federal and government programs.
- Collaborates with business, technical, and clinical leadership to plan, develop, implement, and analyze highly-complex clinical informatics systems. Designs internal processes to distribute reports and/or dashboards to ensure an optimal and efficient user experience and functionality, integrity, and reliability of systems.
- Performs highly complex quality assurance testing along with writing and executing SQL (Structured Query Language) queries for enhanced and complex medical data access. Plans, develops and documents design and deployment processes, workflows, and results.
- Identifies opportunities for performance improvement for clinically related safety indicators for both process and outcome metrics. Assignment includes projects with clinical complexity and organization-wide scope and involves understanding of numerous variables and interrelationships that lead to new recommendations.
- Consults with department leaders and process owners to gather and clarify data and reporting requirements for highly-complex outcome improvement solutions and regulatory and quality analytics.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots highly-complex data errors and problems, designing, testing, and applying advanced functional solutions. Evaluates data sources for relevance, integrity and accuracy. Identifies issues and collaborates on solutions to data management challenges.
- In-depth knowledge of business intelligence functions, advanced analytics, industry standards and best practices.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in internal databases, BI applications, tools, and systems.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills to manage highly-complex information, assess problems, and develop effective solutions.
- Advanced organizational and project management skills, with the ability to lead a team, prioritize tasks, and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner. Ability to produce and deliver presentations to diverse audiences.
- Advanced interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with managers, professional and technical staff.
- Ability to apply advanced problem-resolution skills to highly complex issues, quickly diagnose problems, and develop, test, and implement appropriate and effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of clinical standard terminology, clinical workflows, user interface optimization, clinical decision support, rules development, data integration and mining, clinical ontologies, adoption of technology.
- In-depth knowledge of all relevant clinical informatics software and systems, and of the highly-complex concepts, principles, policies, methodologies, techniques, best practices, regulations, and standards practices involved with patient care and electronic medical data management in the UC health care system.
- Advanced expertise in Epic clinical and administrative workflows.
- Certified Epic Clarity Data Model and/or Epic Radar and/or Epic Reporting Workbench with 3-5 years application reporting experience.
- Five years of relevant experience in a healthcare setting , preferably academic medical center environment
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
- Advanced interpersonal communications skills, to convey highly technical information and instructions to all levels of clinical users in a clear and concise manner, to provide technical support, and to develop and deliver training materials as needed.
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced Certification or equivalent experience/training
- Epic Radar
- Epic Ambulatory or Inpatient Clin Doc
$65 per hour San Francisco, CA 94143 3 Month Assignment