Quality Assurance Engineer - Web Application Accessibility
Software ENG & DEV | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Quality Assurance Engineer, Web Application Accessibility 2473
A leading enterprise software solutions company is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer, web application accessibility. The successful candidate will plan, design, and execute test specifications and ensure complete test coverage based on functional specifications and requirements. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated professional with experience in web application accessibility testing to help us deliver our product to all users of all abilities. The company offers a great work environment.
Quality Assurance Engineer, Web Application Accessibility Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $90/hr
- Worksite: Leading enterprise software solutions company (Palo Alto, CA 94303)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
- 40 hours/week, 3 Month Assignment
Quality Assurance Engineer, Web Application Accessibility Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for ADA, WCAG, 508 Compliance testing for web applications.
- Conduct the testing in accordance with the Web Content Accessibility Guideline 2.1 standards and requirements of Section 508 (29 U.S.C §794d).
- Work directly with agile software development teams to incorporate test strategies throughout the development process.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and developers to identify and clarify requirements and ensure they are met.
- Review existing user experiences, provide feedback on making them more compatible with assistive technologies and lend design and technical expertise to the project teams.
- Assist in evaluating and formulating a VPAT for various product areas across the web and mobile clients.
- Perform software development by creating and testing software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards.
- Design, develop and execute software test plans.
- Maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Identify accessibility issues, help troubleshoot and find solutions for them.
- Utilize strong communication skills to work closely with the scrum teams to build accessible experiences.
- Perform accessibility audits and develop recommendations to build more accessible experiences and help educate developers to think with an accessible mindset.
Quality Assurance Engineer, Web Application Accessibility Qualifications:
- BS degree with 3+ years work experience or MS degree with 1+ years work experience.
- 3+ years of experience working on complex UI solving accessibility challenges is highly desired.
- Passionate about working with designers, engineers, and customers to build accessible user experiences.
- Working knowledge of Section 508, WCAG 2.0, and 2.1 Guidelines, Success Criteria Level AA, and implementation of accessible solutions.
- Experience conducting accessibility testing of web-based applications.
- Working knowledge of web-based applications and a proven ability to understand complex business rules.
- Financial domain experience is a big plus.