Project Management | Brisbane, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Project Manager 870829
UCSF Population Health Clinical Programs has a COVID structure to support UCSF. In order to succeed in the COVID work, we are developing new partnerships and care delivery models, which need strong project management, leadership and support. The programs developed in OPH Clinical Programs help achieve the “triple aim” of high value care: they provide higher quality, lower cost, and patient centered care across the Rev. 8/2016 full care continuum. Examples of the type of work in need of project management include leading the implementation of new COVID work, outcomes and workflow changes. This will involve collaboration with internal and external pharmacy partners. The Project Manager will be responsible for having a broad understanding of the services provided by the COVID Hotline/Triage Team, OPH COVID Centralized Schedulign Team and Occupational Health Services.
The Office of Population Health and Accountable Care (OPHAC) leads UCSF’s development of capabilities to improve the value of care we provide at the population level and facilitate implementation of our UCSF Health at-risk contracts and those we enter in partnership with others. The Office includes the following teams: 1) Clinical Programs (including Care Support, Care Transitions Outreach Program, and Care at Home, and Medicare Bundled Payment programs), 2) Quality and Analytics, 3) PRIME Program Management, and 4) Clinically Integrated Networks and ACO Management.
- Project Management - Plan, form and lead stakeholder work groups, develop and agree to scope of work documents, communicate with project participants, sponsors and stakeholders, develop work plans, track actions and decisions, facilitate and attend meetings, facilitate problem resolution, and monitor and report outcomes. This is around the OPH and OHS COVID structure.
- Program evaluation and monitoring – Partners with the Office of Population Health and Accountable Care’s Analytics Team to develop metrics for monitoring and evaluating program success. The role will also include workflow audits and observations, administration of surveys and interviewing of stakeholders.
- Support implementation - Develop implementation plan with stakeholders, test implementation assumptions and develop contingency plans to prevent untoward consequences of process changes, develop plan to measure short term and on-going impact of changes; develop and distribute work tools to support performance improvement efforts guide the implementation and standardization of selected interventions (e.g. scoping the costs/benefits of community referral based interventions), developing metrics for success and operationalizing the intervention.
- Reporting and communication - Summarize and interpret data, write reports and presentations; develop and present executive summaries; present findings, progress, and results to various stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of population health, delivery system reform and accountable care standards.
- In-depth knowledge of medical terminology and patient health information.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel with the ability to run analytical reports and summarize information
- Advanced organizational and project management skills, with the ability to lead a team, prioritize tasks, and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills to manage highly-complex information, assess problems, and develop effective solutions.
- Advanced interpersonal skills for collaborating effectively with a broad range of clinical and professional staff
- Advanced written and verbal communication skill with the ability to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner and produce high-quality documents, reports and presentations.
- Advanced ability to influence and persuade staff, management, and clinicians at all levels and across departments.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment in handling sensitive and confidential issues.
- Excellent analytical, program and project management and independent problem-solving skills.
- Highly proficient in multiple software applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Access, Trello) and database applications.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent judgment, attention to process and detail.
- Able to receive and provide direction and collaborate with various positions and personnel levels within a complex organizational environment.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare or a relevant profession, or a combination of comparable clinical education and / or experience.
- Master's Degree in health care administration field, nursing or other health field and a minimum of 2 years recent experience in health system administration, ambulatory, primary or specialty care
- 2 years recent experience in project management, performance improvement or quality improvement.
- Project Management Professional
$40-$50 per hour Brisbane, CA 94005 1 Month Assignment