Digital Design | Burbank, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Product Designer 917053
We are seeking a Product Designer to help us develop interactive design solutions and consistent user interfaces across platforms. At our Burbank design studio, Product Designers have the opportunity to work on the streaming service. We are a leading digital broadcasting and streaming network offering a great work environment and the chance to grow in your career.
You are curious, smart, biased towards action and deeply focused on the “outcomes” of your work. You know that great design is a focus on the problem and not the solution. You are a designer whose work displays both a pixel-level attention to detail, as well as an acute understanding of broader usability paradigms. Someone who is able to transform complex concepts into simple, approachable experiences that are easy to use and visually balanced, across any device. A team player that lives and breathes the interactive space.
- Create pixel precise designs that are on brand and are created based on product requirements and partner input / feedback.
- Research the competitive landscape, create user flows and work towards product designs that take into consideration evolving functionality, technological innovation and their effects on the product or company revenue.
- Participate in ongoing discussion with product, engineering and other team partners to develop new solutions to complex discovery / consumption problems that convey ideas into tangible form
- Be an advocate for visual, functional and interaction flow consistency with an awareness of when to apply our standards vs moments to add to or evolve those guidelines.
- 3+ years of product design experience
- A strong sense of UX and visual design, with an eye for simple-to-use interfaces.
- Experience quickly adapting to fast moving timelines and variable project requirements
- The ability to work independently, proactively gather consensus from multiple internal partners and be able to change tasks quickly based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines.
- Experience partnering with peer designers and product / project orgs to deliver cutting edge design solutions across the entire product lifecycle and have lived through multiple launches
- Ability to rapidly concept, ideate and execute multiple UX/UI concepts.
- An amazing portfolio that illustrates a deep understanding of functional UI/UX paired with modern sense of visual design currency. Any applicant without an online portfolio will not be considered.
- A passion for innovation with an attitude that good enough is NEVER good enough
- The right candidate should have agile scrum experience where they have been a member of a scrum delivery team in a product development environment, working closely and have strong communication skills with Product Owner, QA engineers and developers.
$50 per hour Remote (Must work PT Hours) 3 Month Assignment