Financial Analyst (H)
Finance | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time and Contract
Financial Analyst 9922 (H)
A leading professional networking and development company is seeking a Financial Analyst. The successful candidate will complete complex financial modeling development, improvement, and maintenance. The ideal candidate has experience working with online advertising and subscription-based revenues. The company offers a great work environment!
Financial Analyst Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $45-$55/hr
- Worksite: Leading professional networking and development company (Remote - Must work PST hours)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- 40 hours/week, 8 Month Assignment
Financial Analyst Responsibilities:
- Complete complex financial modeling development, improvement, and maintenance.
- Meet with business leaders to provide financial insights and assist with long-term planning.
- Monitor key financial metrics and business drivers relevant to the sales team.
- Audit and review financial models to ensure they are both accurate and updated.
- Assist with special financial- and business-related studies and cooperate with other departments in preparing the analysis.
- Establish processes to ensure accurate and timely completion of financial planning consolidations.
- Analyze budget/forecast variances to actual and review with the management team.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly management reporting.
- Conduct revenue forecast and bookings consolidation.
- Provide ad hoc analysis for business support.
- Ensure that the various reporting systems and source data are accurate and reconciled.
- Assist in the development and implementation of tools, systems, and processes to support the successful completion of timely and accurate forecasts.
Financial Analyst Qualifications:
- 3+ years of financial analysis experience.
- BA/BS degree in finance or accounting.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and SQL.
- Experience with leveraging excel FSA levels.
- Experience working with online advertising and subscription-based revenues.
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase and Oracle Financials.
- Analytical background working directly in an FP&A environment modeling bookings, revenue, costs, and expenses.
- Understanding of accounting theory and practice (e.g. basic revenue recognition rules, company capitalization policies, and proper expense timing)
- Excellent communication, analytical, teamwork, organizational, interpersonal, and systems skills.
- Ability to question the output of a financial model and consider options for improvement.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision.