Finance Manager *
Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Finance Manager 737910 *
We are looking for a Finance Manager who will play a key role in supporting the financial planning processes for the physician organizations. This position will provide business intelligence, lead the annual operating budget preparations, prepare the strategic long-range plan, and add financial insight into special initiatives that supports the overall strategic direction of the organization. The candidate builds trusted relationships with key stakeholders in Finance and Clinical Operations.
- Coordinate and prepare the budget, forecast, and long-range planning process, utilizing service line net revenue and RVU based cost modeling, and including timing, deliverables, presentation content and target setting with senior management.
- Supervise staff in order to meet deliverables.
- Work with practice managers and operations in order to prepare and manage annual budgets for physician practice departments and roll them up and provide summary analysis for entity budget preparation.
- Follow up on actual to budget results.
- Assists with monitoring of cost containment, quality, and production strategies, including monitoring of criteria for “Numbers” Day with practice managers, including coordinating and running meetings, deliverables, and following up on action items.
- Calculates and monitors industry key physician and financial ratios.
- Analyze and interpret management reports focused on performance, productivity, cost, and labor productivity levels; follow-up with stakeholders to understand business drivers.
- Prepare recommendations to management based on analysis of data that are in an actionable format, with options identified for consideration.
- Identify the information needs of internal and external customers, and develop customized reports that present the information required for management to make data-based decisions.
- Responsible for effective communication of potential issues of meeting budget and forecast reporting deliverables and deadlines to senior management.
- Integrate balance sheet and cash flows into the budget and forecast process.
- Summarize budget, forecast, long-range plans, KPI’s and other analytics for senior management.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Responsible for maintaining a thorough knowledge of the financial, accounting, decision support, and budget reporting tools to access the financial and operational activities at the month-end process.
- Liaise with the accounting, decision support, and technology departments on an ongoing basis to enhance the efficiency, accuracy, and control over the planning process and to improve reporting, analytical tools, and internal processes.
- Evaluates existing and proposed workflow and systems functionality.
- Proposes and implements manual and automated process changes and improvements to ensure efficient and effective reporting and operations.
- Drive process improvement and re-engineering in order to automate and expedite information generation.
- Provides a focal point for change and improvement with regard to people, business processes, information systems, and internal controls.
- In partnership with the Controller’s Office and leadership, develops and implements action plans to assure that campus-wide process risk assessment activities are being successfully managed.
- Coordinates and assists in special projects as necessary.
- Provide decision support by building an effective reporting structure (including systems and processes) which provides relevant and accurate information in a timely and automated fashion.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Excellent Excel skills dealing with large Excel models.
- Healthcare background required.
- In-depth understanding of decision support systems, with knowledge of business statistics, quantitative methods, relational databases, business development scorecards, data modeling, and performance and profitability analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of issues and aspects of clinical finance, planning, financial data management, budget development, and business development.
- Proficiency in utilizing the tools to produce comprehensive, studies and actionable intelligence.
- Advanced organizational and project management skills, and ability to lead a team, prioritize tasks, and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead projects and teams and collaborate productively on highly-complex projects with key personnel at all professional and technical levels.
- Advanced written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to interpret and convey highly sophisticated technical and financial information in a clear, concise manner, and to make cogent presentations of analyses, reports, and investigation results.
- Advanced problem-solving skills analytical ability, and in-depth knowledge of documentation and reporting, with the ability to run highly complex queries and studies, to collect and analyze financial and performance data, and to produce relevant, meaningful reports, analyses, and forecasts.
- In-depth ability to work with senior staff and managers across departments, serving as a technical leader and information resource in decision support, and providing recommendations and advice on decision support processes, business, and financial issues, and industry trends and advances.
$55-$60 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94143 3-4 Month Assignment