Design Program Manager - Consumer
Program Management | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary | From $75.00 to $85.00 per hour
Design Program Manager - Consumer 10215
A leading professional networking and development company is seeking a Design Program Manager - Consumer. The successful candidate will be responsible for championing processes in order to help the team of designers build impactful experiences across the company. The ideal candidate leverages deep application/platform knowledge, in combination with business and project management domain expertise, to drive a successful program. The company offers a great work environment!
Design Program Manager - Consumer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $75-$85/hr
- Worksite: Leading professional networking and development company (Remote - Must work PST hours -Candidates located on the West Coast are preferred)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment
Design Program Manager - Consumer Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with Design Managers, Designers, and Researchers in delivering work in a way that builds trust with engineering, product management, and executives.
- Build, manage, and/or identify operational improvements to creative workflows in order to deliver high-quality products and features through the project lifecycle while delivering on goals and objectives and user experience value.
- Lead or collaborate with User Experience Design team leadership in key project decision-making, including requirements gathering, scheduling, resource allocation, and coordination of teams and approval processes.
- Help stakeholders across adjacent business lines define opportunities to closely integrate the company's products.
- Partner with TPM, Product Managers, Design Managers, and Researchers to maintain the team’s program schedule that consolidates individual project track plans, reflects cross-track dependencies and eliminates redundancies among the tracks.
- Manage program risks and drive issue resolution as it relates to meeting the overall schedule and quality commitments.
- Partner with your team’s leads to develop the strategic vision and help build an innovative, world-class roadmap of features and services that support our vision and values.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the org to help define business needs, requirements, investment priorities, and product features.
- Proactively contribute best practices, tips, and templates to shared User Experience Design resources.
- Direct the evolution of the team’s process through continuous risk and optimization assessments.
- Identify team needs with regards to process, tools, documentation, etc., and implement or drive required changes to make sure designers and researchers are working at optimum efficiency.
- Represent and advocate for the team’s priorities during the development process, including release planning, user story grooming, and backlog management.
- For high visibility projects, own schedules and task assignments for your team of designers, from large phases through to detailed tasks.
- Clearly identify, explain, and communicate progress, status, expectations, dependencies, and risks to executives, business stakeholders, and team members.
- Facilitate team onboarding for new hires and rotations.
- Own and manage team documentation, including team sites, status, and other centralized resources.
- Keep a pulse on team morale, escalate risks to leadership, and identify opportunities for improvement.
Design Program Manager - Consumer Qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in managing multiple projects.
- 5+ years of Design Program Management experience.
- 3 + years of experience in product design.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or another technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with product design teams and the general design workflow.
- Experience improving team productivity and creating efficiencies through automation and tools development.
- Experience working with user research; experience championing and coordinating user research efforts within your product group.
- Excellent Interpersonal & communication skills.
- Ability to help plan design resourcing needs and map out quarterly priorities in partnership with Design Directors and Managers.
- Ability to distinguish critical from non-critical issues and set teams' focus and priorities accordingly.
- Ability to break down issues to key fundamentals and drive the team toward a corrective action plan.
- Ability to partner with Design leadership to brainstorm ideas for team collaboration and relationship-building events.
- Ability to organize cross-functional activities into a complete plan, recognize interdependencies, establish a framework for the team to build out the plan, and mentor the execution of that plan.
- Ability to coach others and champion member value.
- System thinking, problem-solving skills, and UX acumen.
- Recognize the audience of the communication, organize, and factor in the appropriate content accordingly.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, set goals and effectively deliver to them in a very fast-changing environment.
- Experience with Airtable is preferred.