Design Lead, Sports Apps (H)
Digital Design | New York, NY | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Design Lead, Sports Apps (H)
We are looking for a Design Lead to be the driving force behind the strategy and evolution of the Sports iOS and Android experiences.
The right candidate brings design leadership and expertise to any project and has a proven ability to act as a product owner. They will work closely with our customer service and research teams to understand our customers' needs. While weighing those against the business goals to deliver exceptional experiences.
Whether you're a sports fan or not, designing sports experiences is rewarding and a unique creative challenge. Let's help shape the future of sports for millions of dedicated fans.
You will report to Sr. Design Director with your team being distributed across Kansas City, Florida, and New York. You must be a self-motivator, full of enthusiasm, a desire to learn and have a fine eye for detail.
- Work with Engineering and Product leads to set the quarterly roadmap. Balancing business, customer, and technical goals.
- Continually monitoring our app health and customer satisfaction metrics for customer opportunities.
- Rapidly produce multiple solutions, from sketches, wireframes, and user flows to high-fidelity mockups and prototypes, depending on the level of detail needed to present and communicate proposed solutions and interaction flows that will resonate with our target audience.
- Validate your design explorations with data, be it qualitative, quantitative, or both.
- Maintain and evolve a scalable design system.
- Present your work to various stakeholders, explaining your creative process and how your final design aligns with the product goals.
- Provide specs, interactive prototypes, and design requirements to developers.
- Lead product design for the Sports mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- Improve data and live scoring experience built around core sports fan personas.
- Drive design opportunities around essential editorial storytelling experiences and tentpole events
- Enhance the video viewing experience and integration throughout the app
- Maintain and develop our visual language/design system across the app.
- 7+ years of Product Design experience working on consumer-facing iOS and Android apps.
- Design leadership or mentor experience.
- Experience distilling roadmaps and product directions based on business and customer goals.
- Track record of working cross-functionally and influencing sr leadership across groups
- The ability to form consensus across a broad, fast-moving organization
- A portfolio of case studies that demonstrate a thoughtful, user-centered approach to product design.
- Fluency in industry-standard tools such as Figma or Sketch.
- You know the differences between the iOS and Android platforms, knowing when to use native patterns and when to create custom solutions to UI challenges.
- Strong beliefs, loosely held, with a willingness to defend your design decisions yet also have your opinion changed.
- The ability to give and receive candid and constructive feedback.
- Strong visual design sense, clean command over interaction design, typography, and usability.
- You can communicate design decisions clearly and effectively across all functions and levels.
- Experience collaborating, iterating, and testing with Product and Engineering to discover the solutions that exceed user expectations.
$55 per hour Remote (Preference for EST based Candidates) 12 Month Assignment