Database Administration Engineer
Software ENG & DEV | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Database Administration Engineer 8784
A leading tech company in the professional networking industry is seeking a highly motivated Database Administration Engineer to join the Relational Storage team to make a real impact on the daily production operations and in managing Oracle and/or MySQL environment. As a member of the team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the evaluation and implementation of new database use cases, performance tuning, root-cause analysis, and issue resolution across complex database environments. The company offers a great work environment!
Database Administration Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $90-$100/hr
- Worksite: Leading tech company in the professional networking industry (Sunnyvale, CA 94085)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Database Administration Engineer Responsibilities:
- Design and Optimize logical and physical design of database systems and help onboard new products to use Oracle.
- Design and set up database replication using Oracle Golden Gate.
- Optimize database performance.
- Develop database capacity estimation models and methods for monitoring capacity and usage.
- Design, Develop and support server monitoring and automation using Python.
- Be part of On-call 12x7 support.
Database Administration Engineer Qualifications:
- 5+ years of database experience working in a production environment
- Demonstrated experience with relational database physical design, performance tuning, and capacity planning
- Experience with open-source/Linux development
- Strong fundamental knowledge of Oracle. (Mysql Knowledge Added advantage).
- Programming Experience with Python and infrastructure development
- 40 hours/week, 12 Month Assignment