Data Center Operations Engineer
Software ENG & DEV | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Data Center Operations Engineer 2367
A leading enterprise software solutions company is seeking a Data Center Operations Engineer. The successful candidate will work closely with the Security Operations, Network, Security, and IT teams in coordinating and automating data on-boarding in Splunk and in Security Data Lake. The ideal candidate must be proficient in Linux system administration and programming. The company offers a great work environment!
Data Center Operations Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $85/hr
- Worksite: Leading enterprise software solutions company (Pleasanton, CA 94588)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Data Center Operations Engineer Responsibilities:
- Support and provide mentorship on how to best deploy and maintain our Splunk environment.
- Design and support the automated deployment of security infrastructure in both Data Centers and in the Public Cloud.
- Install, build and maintain Splunk and related Apps and add-ons.
- Lead cross-team efforts with other internal organizations.
- Support On-call duties for a variety of security tools.
- Lead key initiatives and goals for the Cyber Security Engineering team.
Data Center Operations Engineer Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in IT/Security.
- Minimum of B.S. Degree in a STEM field or clear evidence of engineering excellence.
- Specialist in Splunk Architecture (ideally certified).
- Proficiency in Linux administration (ideally RHEL/CentOS.
- Proficient skills in Chef, Ansible, and Terraform.
- Version Control System (ideally Git).
- Continuous integration tools (ideally Jenkins).
- Programming experience in Python.
- Experience writing and supporting open-source tools.
- Experience working in any of the major cloud service providers – AWS, GCP.
- 40 hours/week, 3 Month Assignment