Business Operations | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time and Contract
Business Analyst 1989
We are a leading software company looking for an energetic and experienced Business Analyst to join the Services Operations team. The ideal candidate will have a systems background, a passion for quality and customer service, and enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. He/she will be extremely detail-oriented, self-motivated, results-oriented, and a great communicator. The successful candidate will interact with various cross-functional teams and define and document business processes and requirements
Business Analyst Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $60/hr
- Worksite: Leading HR and finance software company (Remote - Preference for candidates local to the San Francisco Bay area)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision 401k
Business Analyst Responsibilities:
- Define, document, and maintain business processes, requirements, and policies. Look for ways to continuously improve processes & procedures.
- Manage and support operations-related initiatives identified by the Professional Services management team.
- Identify opportunities for business process improvements and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Provide project and monthly metrics coordination and support.
- Work with team to understand and prioritize field requests.
- Manage the queue to provide prompt support to end-users including consulting ecosystem to resolve issues and address questions.
- System testing of new functionality or bug fixes.
Business Analyst Qualifications:
- 7-10 years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Bachelor's degree in Business Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Salesforce.com and Workday system experience is mandatory.
- Salesforce admin or equivalent certification required.
- Project coordination skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with different levels within the organization as well as collaborate with cross-functional business partners and technical teams.
- Ability to gather and transfer requirements from stakeholders into an action plan and deliver on that action plan leveraging internal systems as needed.
- Attention to detail with the ability to analyze and solve complex problems as well as provide documentation, guidance and instruction to users.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to research solutions to issues as they arise.
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations professionally.
- Ability to work independently, with general direction and guidance.
- Self-motivated, flexible, team player with solid multi-tasking, time management & organization expertise with the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- 40 hours/week during Pacific Time office hours, 9 month assignment