X-ray Technologist (12150)
X-Ray Technicians | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is actively looking for a skilled and dedicated X-ray Technologist (X-ray Tech) to join our team and provide vital support to the unique needs of the Unaccompanied Children (UC) population. As an X-ray Tech, you will play a critical role in the diagnostic process, conducting X-ray imaging procedures with precision and expertise. Your proficiency in operating advanced X-ray equipment, precise patient positioning, and capturing high-quality images will be instrumental in ensuring accurate diagnoses and assisting physicians in delivering effective patient care. This position demands a strong commitment to patient safety, keen attention to detail, and exceptional communication skills to interact with patients and collaborate with fellow healthcare professionals seamlessly.
If you are passionate about making a difference and thrive in a dynamic healthcare environment, we invite you to join our team and contribute your skills to enhance the well-being of the Unaccompanied Children we serve.
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Perform X-ray imaging procedures: Operate X-ray equipment to produce diagnostic images of patients' bones, tissues, and organs as directed by physicians or other healthcare professionals.
- Positioning and patient care: Ensure patients are positioned correctly and comfortably for the X-ray procedure while maintaining their safety and following established protocols.
- Radiation safety: Adhere to radiation safety guidelines, ensuring proper use of protective equipment and minimizing exposure to both patients and staff.
- Equipment maintenance: Perform regular maintenance and calibration checks on X-ray machines to ensure their proper functioning and safety.
- Image quality assurance: Review X-ray images for clarity, accuracy, and diagnostic quality, and retake images if necessary to meet the required standards.
- Patient communication: Educate patients about the X-ray procedure, address any concerns they may have, and maintain a compassionate and respectful approach throughout the process.
- Record keeping: Maintain accurate and complete patient records, including the X-ray images and pertinent patient information.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals: Coordinate with physicians and other healthcare team members to ensure the timely delivery of imaging results and discuss any potential concerns or findings.
- Continuing education: Stay updated with advancements in X-ray technology and imaging techniques, attending workshops or seminars to enhance your knowledge and skills.
- Safety and compliance: Comply with all relevant safety, regulatory, and legal requirements governing X-ray procedures and maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Education and certification: Possess a diploma or degree from an accredited X-ray technology program.
- Licensure: Hold a valid state or regional license to practice as an X-ray Technologist.
- Experience: a minimum of 4 years of previous experience as an X-ray Technologist and at least 2 years working with children.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) (required)
- Must be certified as a Radiologic Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or equivalent certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Technical skills: Proficient in operating X-ray equipment and related imaging software. Knowledge of anatomy and radiographic positioning techniques is essential.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with patients, colleagues, and other healthcare professionals.
- Attention to detail: Able to follow instructions precisely and ensure the accuracy and quality of X-ray images.
- Physical stamina: Capable of standing for extended periods, lifting, and positioning patients, and handling X-ray equipment.
- Compassion and empathy: Possess a caring and patient-oriented demeanor, understanding the importance of patient comfort and privacy.
- Problem-solving: Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot equipment issues and adapt to challenging patient situations.
- Professionalism: Uphold a high level of professionalism and maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Requires Access to Sensitive Information: Yes
- Participates in scheduled meetings.
- Prepares presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborates with other staff members, service providers, and professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency, fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging patients exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing. (Exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must be able to lift, push, and carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Pass nursing competency assessments for skills required at ORR.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.