Video Engineer/Consultant (3619)
Engineer | New York, NY | Contract
Work Location: New York, NY
InGenesis seeks a Video Engineer/Consultant for an independent music, video, and film distribution company. The Video Engineer/Consultant is responsible for digitization, upload, clip creation and Quality Control of short form, long form and DVD video content. If you meet the qualifications, we encourage you to apply and our staff will reach out to you to further discuss the position.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
• Digitization of video from tape or file-based format through a hardware video capture device.
• Detailed quality control.
• Migration of assets into the asset management system.
• Clip point identification (first verse, chorus, etc.) .
• Keyword data entry (theme, key lyrics, product placement, etc.).
• Organization of US catalog video list via common MS Office programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience video engineering/editing/post-production and/or a degree from an accredited media engineering school with appropriate training certification
• Excellent communication skills
• Highly organized with a sharp focus on details
• Good grasp of song structure a must for efficient clip point creation
• General knowledge of pop culture required for keyword data entry
• General knowledge of film, digital video and digital audio
• General knowledge of digital compression formats/techniques
• General knowledge of digital editing applications
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.