Vice President, Healthcare Services (11923)
Executive | Las Cruces , NM | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Vice President, Healthcare Services. In this role, you will exercise leadership and discretionary authority for healthcare services delivery for a dynamic and growing InGenesis social services campus for 2,000 resident children. The Vice President, partners with the campus Chief Medical Officer, Behavioral Health Director, and Chief Nurse to collectively manage the comprehensive healthcare services program for the campus. This individual must operate with a high degree of independence, ingenuity, and analytical skill to resolve challenges. The successful candidate must have both relational and administrative skills to positively engage with local, state, and federal medical regulatory bodies. The Executive Director oversees a staff that provides Healthcare Administration, Clinical and Behavioral Health, Quality Assurance, Nursing, Dental, Ambulance (EMS), and ancillary services for campus residents until they can be placed with an appropriate sponsor.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have.
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continuously oversees daily operations while ensuring staff members remain compliant with all policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Ensure all internal and external security measures are enforced within healthcare facilities to include supervision of all assigned staff/contractors.
- In partnership with the InGenesis Shared Services staff, sets the strategic and action plans for the healthcare facility involving key members of senior administrative, social services and physician leadership in the process.
- Designs, develops, and directs the overall healthcare delivery processes ensuring they are compassionate, analytical, and outcomes oriented.
- Ensures processes are in place to optimize healthcare services delivery
- Ensures the campus delivers mission essential healthcare services by ensuring appropriate staffing levels.
- Ensures timely and accurate documentation of the results of activities and key measures of success.
- Ensures the ongoing analysis of systems and processes to identify opportunities for improvement in healthcare delivery to residents. Leads process improvement initiatives.
- Oversees staff development, counseling, performance evaluations, and hiring of positions for all direct reporting areas.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures for areas of responsibility (i.e., Communicable Disease Plan, Healthcare Request Process, Medication Administration and Management Policy).
- Manages the budget for areas of direct responsibility.
- Works collaboratively with all executives and key stakeholders across the campus.
- Ensures rigorous, data driven business and resident medical care plans are developed to support healthcare delivery initiatives.
- Remains current concerning industry-wide best practices and collaboration and consistently employs and encourages best practices in social and healthcare service delivery.
- Ensures education and compliance of regulatory standards (i.e., Joint Commission) by all direct report departments.
- Maintains program compliance and effective, expert multi-level written and verbal communications with the Executive Vice President, InGenesis Shared Services liaisons, and external regulatory bodies.
- Communicates and coordinates healthcare management responsibilities with InGenesis Shared Services liaisons.
- Provides proper safeguards and conducts regularly scheduled physical inspections for the health, safety, and welfare of the residents and staff.
- Regularly inspect the physical property of the medical service locations and ensure that these facilities are properly maintained.
- Analyzes and manages healthcare services budget processes (i.e., business records, statistical reports, budget estimates, audit findings, corrective action plans) through close coordination with InGenesis liaison staff.
- Prepares justifications for proposed/expanded expenditures.
- Provides daily, on-call leadership of healthcare services for the campus throughout the duration of this assignment.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed to ensure effective and successful operation.
- Create collaborative partnerships with medical professionals and organizations to ensure access to medical care.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, healthcare administration, behavioral sciences, or related field
- Minimum 10 years of progressive work experience managing a healthcare facility/operation similar size and complexity.
- Evident leadership experience with managing/overseeing an experienced team of professionals.
- Demonstrated successful administrative ability, sound judgment, and effective communication skills (both written and verbal) in a matrixed environment.
- Experienced in implementing and leading change (Change Management).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Proficiency with computer systems, procurement, and project management
- Demonstrate the ability to guide, direct and coordinate the efforts of others.
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in public health management, business administration, healthcare administration, behavioral sciences, or related field
- Professional affiliation and certification (e.g., American College of Healthcare Executives)
- Spanish speaking skills
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents.
- The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.