Vaccine Coordinator (11320)
Healthcare | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Vaccine Coordinator to work with our client. In this role, you will be responsible for oversight of vaccine administration and supply for an Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) designated Influx Care Facility (ICF). This position will ensure the ICF’s compliance with ORR’s vaccine requirements as well as Vaccine for Children (VFC) and COVID-19 provider requirements.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have.
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Overseeing proper receipt and storage of vaccine deliveries and management of cold chain practices.
- Documenting vaccine inventory information and organizing vaccines within storage units.
- Setting up temperature monitoring devices.
- Reading and recording storage unit temperature.
- Reviewing and analyzing temperature data to identify shifts in temperature trends.
- Rotating stock on a frequent basis and in accordance with regulations.
- Removing expired vaccine from storage units.
- Responding to out-of-range temperatures (temp excursion).
- Maintaining all documentation, such as vaccine inventory and temperature logs.
- Monitoring operation of storage equipment and systems.
- Overseeing proper vaccine transport (when necessary).
- Overseeing emergency preparations, including plans for ensuring safety of vaccine during emergencies including adverse weather conditions.
- Ensuring appropriate handling of vaccines during disaster or power outage.
- Ensuring compliance to all contract vaccination requirements.
- Enters all UC vaccine information into state vaccine registry/immunization information system (IIS).
- Participate in scheduled meetings.
- Prepare presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborate with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Administer vaccinations under the supervision of RN during surges.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree and/or certification to administer vaccinations (such as certified nursing assistant, pharmacy technician with immunization certification) preferred.
- Experience in vaccine management & administration.
- Active, unrestricted nursing license (LVN, LPN, or higher).
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR (required)
- Required to respond to any medical emergency, fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging patients exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing. (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must be able to lift, push, and carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documentation.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.