Traveling Registered Nurse (RN) (12119)
Registered Nurse / RN | Las Cruces , NM | Contract
InGenesis is seeking a Traveling Registered Nurse (RN) to work on a minimum 13-week assignment for our client. In this role, you will provide nursing care under the direction of the Director of Nursing (DON) and Chief Medical Officer (CMO), related to supporting the unique needs of the Unaccompanied Children (UC) population, following state licensing requirements and Nurse Practice Act. Support UC health and wellness including immunizations, family planning, reproductive health, and all activities relating to the unification of UC with an Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) vetted sponsor.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
This position requires the availability to work either day or night shift.
- Performs nursing assessments on the UC population as they arrive at the facility, in isolation areas, and in the medical clinic, following established nursing guidelines and protocols.
- Performs waived testing as prescribed by CMO, in accordance with nursing standing operating procedures (SOP).
- Administers vaccinations and medications in accordance with standing orders or medical orders written by clinic medical staff, following nursing SOP.
- Assists DON and Deputy DON with nurse orientation of Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN) and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), to include cultural competence training and child welfare best practices.
- Assists with clinic staffing and scheduling as needed.
- Participates in all patient care safety/incident reporting related to nursing practice and corrective action planning/implementation/training.
- Adheres to program reporting guidelines.
- Collaborates with other senior leaders to build a culture of safety, healthcare equality, and evidence-based practice.
- May serve as the charge nurse for rotating shifts, as needed.
- Functions as direct supervisor to nursing staff, as assigned.
- Participates in scheduled meetings.
- Prepares presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborates with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, with at least 5 years of experience working in primary care, pediatrics, or other ambulatory care setting.
- Charge nurse or other nursing supervisory experience is desired.
- Current and unrestricted RN license in the state of New Mexico or a compact nursing license.
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) (required)
- Required to respond to any medical emergency, fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging patients exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing. (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must be able to lift, push, and carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documentation.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Pass nursing competency assessments for skills required at ORR.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.