Traveling Paramedic (12106)
Emergency Services | El Paso, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Traveling Paramedic to work on a minimum 13-week assignment for our client. In this role, you will be a part of a healthcare team attending medical incidents at an Influx Care Facility (ICF) designated by Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) that provides residential and medical services to Unaccompanied Children (UC). This position will provide safe, quality advanced and basic emergency medical care and transportation under the guidelines of state protocols and ORR protocols.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
This position requires the availability to work either day or night shift.
- Operate ambulance equipment and respond to radio transmissions.
- Lead and coordinate the team responding to an emergency.
- Evaluate the patient’s condition on the scene and perform preliminary diagnosis.
- Attend to injuries or sudden illnesses by applying a variety of pre-hospital simple and advanced treatments (first aid, CPR, administering injections and oxygen etc.) or surgical procedures.
- Use tech equipment and tools to stabilize patients or provide immediate treatment.
- Monitor patient’s condition en route to the hospital.
- Collaborate with interested parties (police, firefighting unit, doctors etc.)
- Write and submit concrete and accurate reports on incidents.
- Adhere to established medical protocols and procedures as well as legal guidelines and health and safety standards.
- Keep abreast with new treatment and medical procedures through continuous training.
- Participate in scheduled meetings.
- Prepare presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborate with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for providing on-site emergency medical services.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other medical personnel, victims, and family.
- Read, write, and communicate professionally and effectively with employees and managers.
- Write simple correspondence or reports.
- Knowledge of company protocols, operational procedures, and safety policies.
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical requirements such as CPR, lifting and moving of equipment and patients in a variety of environmental conditions.
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
- State driver’s license required.
- State Paramedic Certification or National Registry Paramedic Certification (LP/EMT-P/NREMT-P) required.
- AHA Basic Life Support Certification required.
- AHA Advanced Life Support Certification required.
- Certified as a CPR Instructor in Basic Life Support by the American Heart Association (must obtain within one year of employment)
- Certified as a First Aid Instructor by the American Heart Association or the National Safety Council (must obtain within one year of employment)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification required.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency, fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging patients exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing. (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must be able to lift, push, and carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documentation.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.