Teacher Aide (12196)
Education | El Paso, TX | Contract
InGenesis is actively seeking passionate and dedicated Teacher Aide to provide essential support to the learning and development of unaccompanied children who are currently in the United States, awaiting reunification with family members or placement in foster care. As a Teacher Aide, you will play a vital role in nurturing the educational and emotional well-being of these unaccompanied minors. Working in close collaboration with teachers and other staff members, you will contribute to creating a safe and supportive learning environment, fostering a sense of belonging and growth for the youth under our care.
In this meaningful position, you will offer invaluable assistance with classroom activities, student supervision, and various administrative tasks, ensuring the smooth and successful functioning of the educational program. Given that the children are unaccompanied by a parent or other family member, our Educators/Teachers can focus wholeheartedly on the children's development, without additional parental barriers or involvement, making a profound impact on their educational journey.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of these resilient young individuals and are committed to fostering their academic and emotional growth, we invite you to join our dedicated team. Together, we can create a nurturing and transformative environment where every child has the opportunity to thrive.
Why choose InGenesis?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to assist with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Flexible schedule of either full-time, part-time, or an alternative schedule.
- In-service hours/additional training will be offered.
Assist teachers in preparing and implementing lesson plans, learning materials, and educational resources.
Provide one-on-one or small group support to students who need additional assistance with their studies.
Facilitate classroom activities, educational games, and interactive learning experiences under the direction of the teacher.
Monitor students during classroom activities, recess, meals, and other school-related events to ensure their safety and well-being.
Implement behavior management strategies and reinforce positive behavior to create a productive learning environment.
Support students in transitioning between different activities and locations within the facility.
Help with record-keeping, including maintaining attendance records, student files, and progress reports.
Assist in organizing educational materials, supplies, and equipment for classroom use.
Collaborate with teachers and other staff in preparing and organizing special events and educational projects.
Assist students with limited English proficiency in understanding instructional materials and communicating with teachers and peers.
Facilitate language acquisition through interactive activities and practice sessions.
Show empathy and understanding towards the emotional needs of unaccompanied minors and provide a supportive presence during their adjustment period.
Collaborate with counselors and other staff to address emotional and behavioral concerns, ensuring a trauma-informed approach.
Embrace cultural diversity and foster an inclusive environment where students from various backgrounds feel respected and valued.
Facilitate cross-cultural learning experiences that promote understanding and appreciation of different cultures.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Participate in scheduled meetings.
- Prepare presentations and/or training as needed.
- Collaborate with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Work with minimal supervision both independently and as a member of a team.
- Be a positive role model for students and continuously support the mission of the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college coursework in education or related field preferred.
- Two years of previous experience working with children or adolescents, particularly in an educational or youth care setting.
- Understanding of trauma-informed care and sensitivity to the unique needs of unaccompanied minors.
- Proficiency in English, and additional language skills (e.g., Spanish) is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with students, teachers, and other staff.
- Ability to handle challenging situations with patience, compassion, and appropriate problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a dynamic environment with changing needs and priorities.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents.
- The physical demands include standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) preferred.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks, and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.