Surgical Materials Technician
Clinic | Dallas, TX | Full Time
Surgical Materials Technician
ZALE LIPSHY UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
A successful and established Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a full time Surgical Materials Technician to provide services at a premier medical facility in Dallas, Texas. The position provides a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience.
- Minimum Experience: One (1) year hospital experience preferred.
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Required Certification: Basic Life Support American Heart Association Healthcare Provider
- **Valid Texas Driver’s License may be required**
1. Coordinates incoming shipment of supplies between Central Sterile Supply & the Receiving Department. Receives merchandise, confirms delivery receipt for accuracy. Unpack supplies from boxes, outside the sterile supply area, and places supplies on a cart. Discards boxes properly. Restocks Central Sterile Supply with product in correct bin locations and distributes special request supplies. All completed in a timely manner.
2. Prepares case carts properly for supply transportation. Completes case cart Pick List accurately and in a timely manner.
3. Inventories & restocks specialty PAR locations for assigned areas. Utilizes computer printout sheet and/or Handheld High jump to determine, document and collect replenished supply quantities. Assists with data entry related to requisitions/supply orders, etc. All of this in a timely manner.
4. Answers phone requests with the ability to understand the nature of said requests. Can offer alternative products if needed or can assist in locating the unavailable product, and/or substitute from another source. Delivers the requested supply to the O/R as requested.
5. Responsible for the Inspection, documentation and deposition of expired and/or recall products stocked on the shelf daily. Maintains the required log. Maintains the storage area for all supplies in a clean, neat and orderly manner.
6. Responsible for the inspection of compromise of sterility of products and restocking of unused medical supplies returned in "Green Bags" from case carts.
7. Ensure all supply storage locations are identified with a "BARCODE" product label thereby, verification of product also being identified on a PAR.
8. Consistently notifies surgery staff of departmental stock orders & backorder releases. Assures timely, accurate delivery according to established schedule. Informs requisitioner of specialty backorders and expected release date
9. To requisition, distribute, and maintain inventory of routine and special order surgical supplies.
10.Completes special projects as assigned by Inventory Coordinator, Operations Manager or Materials Director.
11. Participates in quarterly inventory, assuring accurate counts. Keeps work area clean & neat. Boxes & packing materials removed, floor swept.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.