Statistical Assistant (12374)
Accounting / Finance | New York, NY | Contract | From $48.00 to $52.00 per hour
InGenesis is currently seeking Statistical Assistants to work with our client in New York, NY. In this role, you will be providing services in the NYS Department of Financial Services’ Enterprise Data Governance team within the Research & Innovation Division.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Compile and compute data according to statistical formulas for use in data analysis and/or statistical studies
- May perform actuarial computations and compile charts and graphs for use by actuaries
- Prepare business analytics and assist in preparing data governance metrics and reporting
- Conduct research and analysis of data at DFS, its definitions and usage, system flows, and key challenges and opportunities
- Assist in the preparation of reports, as needed
- Assist with administration of governance forum(s), as needed
- Develop documentation including reference guides, how-to(s), summaries, reports, meeting minutes, etc.
- Closely collaborate with data stakeholders across DFS to drive decision-making processes and facilitate discussions to address conflicting viewpoints with the goal of arriving at mutually satisfactory agreements
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, actuarial sciences, auditing, banking, business, business administration, business and technology, commerce, computer science, cyber security, econometrics, economics, finance, financial administration, information systems, information systems engineering, information technology, internal controls, data management, data science, computational sciences, statistics, market analysis, mathematics, public administration, public policy, risk management, taxation, or technology
- Four (4) or more years of financial services experience in one or more of the following: Data Analysis, Data Governance or Data Management, Business Analytics, Data Visualization, Statistical or economic analysis, Data and/or Information Security, Data Quality, Metrics and Reporting, Internal Controls and Process Re-engineering, Financial Risk Management, Auditing
- Substitutions: A J.D. or a Master's Degree may substitute for one (1) year of specialized experience; and a Ph.D. may substitute for two (2) years of specialized experience
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.