Speech and Language Pathologist (4282bb)
Medical | London, OH | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Speech and Language Pathologist
Work Location: London, OH
Knowledge of speech - language pathology; state & federal standards for treatment of individuals with speech, language & swallowing disorders *. Skill in operation of diagnostic assessment/evaluation/screening equipment for determining level of speech, language, hearing & swallowing skills; use of augmentative communication devices &/or electronic communication devices. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusion s; develop & modify individual &/or group treatment/therapy programs & lesson plans; gather, collate & classify information about data, people or things; establish & maintain good rapport with individuals & their guardians/family members..
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
(These duties are illustrative only. Incumbents may perform some or all of these duties or other job-related duties as assigned.)
- Conducts assessments/evaluations (e.g., candidacy for augmentative device application within functional contexts of actions; development of skill profile; assessment of speech development relative to substitutions, omissions, deletions & additions of phonemes within connected conversational speech utterances; functional assessment of low, mid & high level cognitive linguistic function within typical contexts of application; assessment of oral & apparent pharyngeal phase function with respect to dysphagia management) of individuals to determine their level of receptive/expressive speech & language skills, swallowing skills, & social/pragmatic skills, develops, modifies & implements individual & group therapy/treatment programs to enhance individuals' communication, address swallowing deficiencies & prevent asphyxiation (e.g., recommends changes in texture of foods & consistency of liquids served during meals & snacks; recommends medical referrals; confers with medical staff regarding medications to improve swallowing; participates in/suggests participation in barium swallowing studies & follow-up) based on results from assessments/evaluations.
- Designs & personally delivers speech, language & dysphagia management services, which may include hearing screenings, for individuals &/or groups (e.g., training & support for individuals using hearing aids; beginning reading; word recognition; survival signs; articulation training; use of appropriate functional, social communication skills needed during shopping, restaurant dining or other outings; use of sign language; beginning letter writing; demonstrates language techniques; how to use augmentative communication devices).
- Designs & delivers in-service training to other staff on speech-language techniques/protocols to be used in carrying out individual & group communication &/or swallowing treatments/therapy on or off site; acts as sign language interpreter as necessary; participates as member of interdisciplinary team to provide professional insight & goal planning for treatment & care of individuals; attends meetings, workshops & seminars to improve/maximize professional skills & knowledge; counsels/informs guardians/family members regarding speech-language, hearing &/or swallowing issues.
- Composes/completes reports, lesson plans & other program related documents necessary to implement, modify & track progress of treatment/therapy programs for individuals &/or groups; operates personal computer using office systems software &/or specialized communication software (e.g., boardmaker) to create, edit & store records, reports, lesson plans & treatment/therapy & develop augmentative communication devices (e.g., signs; photos/picture boards; communication wallets; sign language books); maintains electronic augmentative communication devices (e.g., intro-talkie; simply-say-it- plus) & hearing aids.
- Licensed as speech-language pathologist in state of Ohio per Section 4753.06 of revised code.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.