Specimen Technician (9223)
Laboratory Technician | Lewisville, TX | Contract
InGenesis currently has several openings for a Specimen Technician to work with our client located in Lewisville, TX. In this role, you will be responsible for general support functions within the Specimen Processing department.
- Sort, pickup, and deliver processed specimens to the laboratory.
- Perform imaging, microfilming, centrifugation, and aliquoting.
- Job is complex and requires that employee have good organization skills and is able to learn and understand specimen types related to test(s) ordered by client.
- Identify issues with specimen types, missing information etc.
- Demonstrate understanding of compliance policies related to test ordering
- Research test ordering information on translation tables, computer system, and the directory of services.
- Meet standards for production and accuracy within 6 months.
- Complete all required written documentation, legibly and within the assigned timeframe.
- Report to work on time and follow attendance guidelines.
- Keep work area neat and clean.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Preferred: Knowledge of laboratory testing or laboratory specimen processing.
- Preferred: Medical background, including medical terminology applicable to clinical laboratory.
- Preferred: Previous experience in a production environment.
- Data entry experience with abilities to enter 6000 keystrokes/hour.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.