Specimen Processor (10313)
Laboratory | San Antonio, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Specimen Processor to work with our client located in San Antonio, TX. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that incoming test samples are processed according to established log-in procedures, accurately verifying and logging samples for most, if not all, of the routine studies performed at the laboratory.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Logs and enters data for all STRL patient specimens received on a daily basis.
- Drops off received and logged specimens to appropriate laboratories.
- Provides support to Client Services Center such as filing slides, drop-offs and pick-ups at the institution.
- Performs miscellaneous office tasks such as filing documents, mailing documents, sorting incoming mail, scanning, answering phones and data entry.
- Assists with client supply requests, laboratory supply orders, and laboratory supplies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Up to 1 year experience in medical records or relevant clerical duties is required.
- Understands and adheres to HIPAA compliant privacy measures.
- Excellent computer skills including software or database systems, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and ability to learn new.
- Ability to adapt to a controlled laboratory environment.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.