Senior Medical Economist (8373)
Financial Analyst | Harrisburg, PA | Contract
Work Location: Harrisburg, PA
InGenesis is currently seeking an experienced Senior Medical Economist to work with our client located in Harrisburg, PA. In this role, you will provide leadership in the design and conduct of fiscal and program analyses to support medical assistance business operating decisions.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Track, report, and control medical assistance costs.
• Lead analyses to support development of effective provider network management, reimbursement systems, and strategies.
• Identify abuse or waste in the medical assistance program.
• Provide cost benefit analyses for new medical assistance initiatives.
• Lead cost trend analyses by geography, services provider type, place of service, etc. to discover trends and suggest action plans.
• Perform fiscal and impact analysis of potential cost containment initiatives.
• Extract and analyze large data sets.
• Perform analyses to determine if targeted cost savings were achieved.
• Identify future savings targets
• Perform analysis of various data sets, recommend payment levels, and provide fiscal impact estimates.
• Develop and maintain healthcare payment reconciliation systems.
• Present summary level papers and Power Point presentations on analyses completed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree or extensive medical economist experience exceeding minimum qualifications (includes bachelor’s degree plus experience).
• 3+ years of experience performing broad base of senior level medical economic analyses.
• Working knowledge of inpatient/outpatient medical industry operations or claims analysis identifying aberrant billing patterns.
• 2+ years’ experience acting as lead worker on complex medical analyses.
• High level proficiency in SAS, SQL, data mining software, and Microsoft Office programs.
• Experience accessing, using, and analyzing complex medical information databases.
• Preferred: Working knowledge of Medicaid/Medical Assistance, a plus.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.