Senior Medical Economist (12938)
Accounting / Finance | Harrisburg, PA | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Senior Medical Economist to work with our client located in Harrisburg, PA. In this role, you will provide leadership in the design and conduct of fiscal and program analyses to support the medical assistant program decision-making process.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Perform analyses to support medical assistance business operating decisions.
• Perform analyses for tracking, reporting, and controlling of medical assistance costs.
• Support the development of effective provider network management, reimbursement systems and strategies or identification of abuse or waste.
• Provide cost benefit analyses for new medical assistance initiatives
• Analyze medical assistance cost trends and suggest action plans.
• Perform fiscal and impact analysis of potential cost containment initiatives.
• Extract and analyze large data sets.
• Determine whether targeted cost savings were achieved or identify future savings targets.
• Perform analysis of various data sets.
• Recommend payment levels.
• Provide fiscal impact estimates.
• Develop and maintain healthcare payment reconciliation systems.
• Participate in meetings to advise staff on work results.
• Present summary level papers and oral presentations on analyses completed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree or extensive medical economist experience exceeding minimum (includes bachelor’s degree plus experience).
• 3+ years of experience with broad base of senior level medical economic analyses.
• 2+ years of experience acting as lead worker on complex medical analyses.
• Knowledge of inpatient and outpatient medical industry operations or claims analyses to identify aberrant billing patterns.
• High level proficiency in SAS, SQL, data mining software, and Microsoft products.
• Experience in accessing, using, and analyzing complex medical information databases.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.