RN-Psychiatric/Mental Health Outpatient (Travis AFB) (3686)
Psychiatry | Fairfield, CA | Contract
RN–Psychiatric/Mental Health Outpatient (Travis AFB)
Work Location: Fairfield, CA
InGenesis seeks an RN with experience in a psychiatric/mental health setting. If you meet the qualifications outlined below and are interested in joining our expanding team, please apply!
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals. Facilitate the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
• Ensure compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the MTF.
• Perform physical exam and health histories.
• Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
• Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
• Conduct in-person and phone triages with patients regarding their use of and adherence to prescribed medications including psychopharmacological agents used in patient treatment and consult with prescribing providers on-staff regarding concerns noted, refills required, and other issues identified during patient triage.
• Direct and supervise care provide by other healthcare professionals.
• Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
• Must have the ability to establish a nursing plan of care that effectively applies core disease management principles to mental health conditions and includes in that plan: a) assessment and identification of target populations; b)implementation and execution of Clinical Practice Guidelines or standards; c)collaboration and coordination of activities with other healthcare members; d)promotion and education of patient self-management actions.
• Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
• Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.
• Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
• Assists with patient care related duties within their scope of practice as deemed necessary by the mental health flight commander.
• Perform nursing services identified in the TO.
• Conduct research in support of improved practice and patient outcomes.
• Degree/Education: Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
• Experience: 5 years nursing experience in clinical setting, minimum 12 months experience in psychiatric/mental health setting
• Licensure/Registration: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse as required in the TO.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.