Registered Nurse / RN (9923)
Registered Nurse / RN | San Antonio, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Registered Nurse / RN to work with our client located in San Antonio, TX. In this role, you will provide direct nursing care to patients in the Department of Hematology and Oncology.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Assists assigned medical provider and mid-level in the clinical setting.
- Performs physical examination of patients, complex medical testing, and interpretations of results.
- Implements treatment plan and the administration of medications and injections as needed.
- Starts IVs and draws blood.
- Administers chemotherapy, hydration, and non-chemo medications.
- Ensures clinic flow runs smoothly.
- Works closely with assigned medical assistant to ensure all chart preparation is complete and ready for clinic.
- Works closely with assigned scheduler to ensure referrals, follow up appointments, diagnostic tests, etc. are scheduled accordingly per medical provider/mid-level orders.
- Calls-in prescriptions and refills for patients.
- Obtains prior authorization as needed on medications, diagnostic tests, and other medical procedures.
- Triages patient calls and works closely with call center team members.
- Assists and arranges for hospital admissions as needed.
- Follows-up on diagnostic tests and labs, and ensures they are reported to the medical provider.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Current RN license in the state of Texas.
- Associates degree in Nursing.
- 3+ years of professional nursing experience.
- Preferred: 1+ year of chemo or infusion experience.
- Current CPR certification.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.