Registered Nurse-Intermediate (10838)
Registered Nurse / RN | San Antonio, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Registered Nurse-Intermediate to work with our client located in San Antonio, TX. In this role, you will, provide direct nursing care to patients in a healthcare facility.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Prepare equipment and aid physician during treatment and examination of patients.
- Perform complex medical testing and provide interpretations of results.
- Consult with physicians and implement treatment plan.
- Administer medications and injections as needed.
- Ensure clinic flow runs smoothly and provide supervision of the assigned Medical Assistant.
- Work with the assigned medical assistant to ensure all chart preparation is complete and ready for clinic.
- Work with assigned scheduler to ensure referrals, follow ups, diagnostic tests, etc. are scheduled.
- Call in prescriptions and refills for patients.
- Obtain prior authorization as needed on medications, diagnostic tests, and other medical procedures.
- Triage patient calls and works with call center team members.
- Assist and arranges for hospital admissions as needed.
- Follow up on diagnostic tests and labs, and ensures they are reported to the medical provider.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree and current Texas RN license.
- CPR required.
- 3 years of professional nursing experience.
- Covid Vaccination is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to function within the required nursing process as defined by the Texas Nurse Practice Act.
- Ability to support the mission, vision and patient promise throughout all interactions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbally.
- Analytical thinking: this role requires analyzing information and using logic to coordinate work within schedule constraints and handle emergent requirements in a timely manner.
- Ability to participate as an integral part of the interdisciplinary healthcare team in providing the highest quality of care to the patient.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.