Registered Nurse (FOMC) - Travis AFB (3699)
Clinic | Fairfield, CA | Contract
Registered Nurse (FOMC) - Travis AFB
Work Location: Fairfield, CA
InGenesis seeks a Registered Nurse for Flight & Operation Medicine Clinic. This position is responsible for care of selected military members along with select specialties such as firefighters, Explosive Ordinance Disposal personnel, Personnel Reliability Program and their dependents. The right candidate for this position will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate with providers and consultants for the benefit of the patient and organization. If you meet the qualifications outlined below, please apply!
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
• Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the MTF.
• Performs physical exam and health histories.
• Provides health promotions, counseling, and education.
• Assesses patient needs telephonically.
• Administers medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
• Directs and supervises care provide by other healthcare professionals.
• Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
• Conduct research in support of improved practice and patient outcomes.
• Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other clinic specific equipment.
• Performs/assists with procedures such as bladder catheterizations, administration of oxygen, visual acuity tests, EKGs, irrigation of eyes and ears, tympanograms, splinting, phlebotomy and other clinic specific procedures, in accordance with established protocols.
• Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
• May be required to work various shifts or augment clinical nursing support during the absence of other team nurses due to illness, leave or deployment,
• Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives.
• Education: Graduate from a college or university accredited by Accreditation
Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), the Commission on Collegiate Nursing
Education (CCNE) or as otherwise identified in the TO.
• Experience: One year of experience in nursing as identified in the TO after graduation.
• Licensure/Registration: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.