Registered Nurse (4234-4579-opmgrs)
Medical | Orient, OH | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Registered Nurse (RN General, Dialysis, Mental Health)
Work Location: Orient, OH
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
(These duties are illustrative only. Incumbents may perform some or all of these duties or other job-related duties as assigned.)
- Provides professional nursing care to students hospitalized in student health services unit, or to inmates, juveni le offenders, or consumers housed in state-owned/operated facility/institution staff, observes, assesses
- Records symptoms, reactions and progress of infirmary patients
- clinic out-patients,
- makes nursing rounds
- Takes and records vitals
- Prepares and Administers prescribed medications
- Ordered treatment plans and/or immunizations
- Monitors restrained (e.g., lock-ups, detention, isolated) patients on timely bas is (i.e., every 15 minutes)
- Provide s immediate medical attention to emergencies (e.g., administers first aid; arranges transportation to hospital emergency room; contacts staff physician when necessary; counsels patient regarding need for medical referrals) if assigned
- Participates in staff development & education, reviews care plans written by staff & trains & orients new employees;
- In corrections medical center, is responsible for all health care of 20-60 bedridden inmates (i.e., makes rounds, evaluates care needed and rendered;
- Does care plans and teaches health care principles;
- Administers medication including narcotics;
- Renders all direct nursing care as needed) and performs specialized procedures (i.e., iv therapy, chemotherapy, wound care, oxygen therapy, dialysis, blood transfusion, incubation & CPR, tube feeding, catheterization, suctioning & phlebotomy duties).
- Organizes and oversees 'code blue' team; directs health care staff (e.g., hospital aides & licensed practical nurses) assigned to area;
- Acts as lead worker in charge of one assigned shift in absence of nurse 2 employee' assists physician in giving diagnostic health evaluations to students.
- Performs clerical tasks (e.g., charts & records all medications, treatments & pertinent medical information; completes required reports such as incident & accident reports; documents Medicaid information; orders supplies & equipment; maintains constant & exact inventory of all controlled drugs, medication & equipment)
- Arranges for out-patient clinic appointments; arranges for medical examinations to be done by school physician
- Arranges for new & refilled prescriptions ordered by physicians through local pharmacy;
- Performs administrative tasks and serves as liaison with others in organization & conducts
- Attends meetings;
- Serves as instructor on occasion
- Serves as member or leader of problem-solving teams or groups.
- Requires current licensure as registered professional nurse in state of Ohio as issued by Board of Nursing per Section 4723.03 of Ohio Revised Code.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.